U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,086,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect you'l find most of the potheads over among Gary Johnson's supporters.

Were the above poster being intellectually honest he would have pointed out that ,ost of Ron Paul's supporters are fiscal conservatives and believe that the social issues should, as provided in the US Constitution, be left to the states to decide.

Exactly, I think what this shows is that a large number of people would be willing to vote for a Republican if the GOP wasn't controlled by extremist social conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 05:54 PM

4,207 posts, read 2,977,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I wont leave. The bigots have always lost thier battles. 1865 1965 2008 2012. That flag came down. Yes!
Keep dreaming.....the flag is still flying proud all over the south. People like you will never make it something it is not.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 AM

8,151 posts, read 5,413,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Keep dreaming.....the flag is still flying proud all over the south. People like you will never make it something it is not.
You keep dreaming that the south didn't get whipped and that flag isn't being seen less and less. Only low life out cast fly it or display it. Its a reminder of the many bigot defeats

Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
You keep dreaming that the south didn't get whipped and that flag isn't being seen less and less. Only low life out cast fly it or display it. Its a reminder of the many bigot defeats
It is easy to spew opinions from your parents living room couch.

Membership in SCV is stronger than ever and the south still holds the flag in remembrance of those whom fought in that war......that will never change! But you are still invited to find another state more suitable for your beliefs - if that suits your parents.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
It is easy to spew opinions from your parents living room couch.

Membership in SCV is stronger than ever and the south still holds the flag in remembrance of those whom fought in that war......that will never change! But you are still invited to find another state more suitable for your beliefs - if that suits your parents.
You've got it wrong as usual. Not surprising. That group you speak of probably gained many members after Obama was elected Thats not surprising. For your info I have told many to their face how lame that flag is. Again, you leave not me. That blue wave taking over NC will work its way here soon and then you will be the minority. Lets see how you handle it.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
You've got it wrong as usual. Not surprising. That group you speak of probably gained many members after Obama was elected Thats not surprising. For your info I have told many to their face how lame that flag is. Again, you leave not me. That blue wave taking over NC will work its way here soon and then you will be the minority. Lets see how you handle it.
Keep dreaming and drinking the kool aide.

Blue wave in NC?? Lmao! How about the latest gay marriage ban? Do you really believe the things you say?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Keep dreaming and drinking the kool aide.

Blue wave in NC?? Lmao! How about the latest gay marriage ban? Do you really believe the things you say?
Obama carried it in 2008. Thats true is it not? Also things are changing right under your feet but don't stop believing hold on to the feelinggggggs

Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 AM

23,830 posts, read 10,013,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Anyone claiming Ron Paul is the one winning the delegates has no business offering commentary on what rational people think.
Anyone claiming Ron Paul is not winning delegates is just scratching the surface and is so uninformed, he shouldn't be commenting.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 AM

9,038 posts, read 13,892,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Did anybody else notice this poll: Rasmussen has Obama-Paul in a dead heat at 42-42. And is not all that far off from what other pollsters have. RCP avg is Obama over Paul, 47-40.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Paul vs. Obama

Obviously this is just a hypothetical matchup and not really of direct significance. But I think it does underscore the weakness of Obama when he can't even overpower a Ron Paul. No slight towards Paul intended, and I would vote for him if I could. But the reality is that the libertarian ideas are out of the mainstream right now; their prez candidates routinely get under 1 pct of the vote. Bob Barr. likely the strongest L candidate in my lifetime, got .4 pct.
Don't get caught in the trap of party profiles. Choose the CANDIDATE who has the best plan to not only NOT PERPETUATE the policies(like the last handful of presidents we've had from both parties have done) that got us into the mess we are in but someone who has a plan that history proves will get us OUT of this mess.

The elites are trying their hardest to divide us and conquer us but when you think about it there are very few differences between what everyone (Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Libertarians and others)really wants.

Everyone wants a FREE country.
Everyone wants world PEACE.
Everyone wants low or zero taxes
Everyone wants a much lower cost of living.
Everyone wants the government off their backs.
Everyone wants a country where you are innocent until proven guilty and not treated like a criminal groped, nuked, poisoned, thrown in a dungeon without being accused of anything just because the government can get away with it.
Everyone would prefer privacy to constant spying by the government.

There was a time not that long ago when one person's income was more than enough to own a home; pay for college without going into debt and have a nice standard of living. Back in the late 60s a loaf of bread was 28 cents. Now it costs $4 or more if it isn't loaded with chemicals, irradiated wheat and genetically engineered ingredients!

I for one would like to go back to those days and Ron Paul is the only one who understands the monetary system who could make it happen. Choose anyone else and we can look forward to further skyrocketing of our cost of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or