U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM

62,615 posts, read 34,127,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Romney flip-flops. That's common knowledge.

I would still take that over a complete liar.
I am not taking either. I can't think of a single issue Romney hasn't flip flopped yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,976,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Well, here's a Tea Party leader saying that anti-gay bullying is "healthy peer pressure."

Here's some video of a Massachusetts Tea Party Patriots Rally where anti-gay Christianist evangelist Scott Lively and MassResistance's Brian Camenker (both leaders of hate groups designated by the SPLC) take the podium to trash gays:

Not the Most Cordial Tea Party I Have Ever Attended - YouTube

And let's not forget the Tennessee Tea Party's response to Barney Franks announcement that he was retiring from congress:

You want more?
Yes. I'm still waiting for you to post a legit link that proves the Tea Party movement is an anti-gay movement. Crazy individuals and moles who infiltrate groups in order to discredit them don't count. Thanks!! Keep plugging away.

For the records, Libbies, the Tea Party movement doesn't have a Leader, so every time you say "the leader of the Tea Party" you're already in the wrong.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,893,120 times
Exclamation hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
How have I lowered my bar for candidates? If anything, Romney gone up a few notches in my book because unlike Obama and so many other politicians who pander for votes, he doesn't change (or hide) his beliefs on a whim.

Quote:
To the Members of the Log Cabin Club of Massachusetts:

I am writing to thank the Log Cabin Club of Massachusetts for the advice and support you have given me during my campaign for the US Senate and to seek the Club's formal endorsement of my election. The Log Cabin Club has played a vital role in reinvigorating the Republican Party in Massachusetts and your endorsement is important to me because it will provide further confirmation that my campaign and approach to government is consistent with the values and vision of government we share.

As we begin the final phase of this campaign, I need your support more than ever. By working together, we will achieve the goals we share for Massachusetts and our nation.

Sincerely

W. Mitt Romney

Interesting.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 PM

30,827 posts, read 31,654,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Yes. I'm still waiting for you to post a legit link that proves the Tea Party movement is an anti-gay movement. Crazy individuals and moles who infiltrate groups in order to discredit them don't count. Thanks!! Keep plugging away.

For the records, Libbies, the Tea Party movement doesn't have a Leader, so every time you say "the leader of the Tea Party" you're already in the wrong.
Yeah, right, if you don't know that the tea party is anti gay, I have to ask you...Where have you been living?

tea party anti gay - Google Search

Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM

18,614 posts, read 16,378,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
Romney has no choice. He is both a Mormon and a Republican.
But Obama is a Christian?

Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting.
So being polite signifies support of gay marriage? Interesting.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,893,120 times
During Romney's tenure in office, the Supreme Judicial Court (SJC) of Massachusetts issued a ruling claiming that denial of marriage to same sex couples was not legal.

Governor Romney supported the establishment of civil unions to satisfy the court decision that a legal alternative be available. The court rejected this compromise and gay marriage was made legal despite Governor Romneys objections and calls for a statewide vote.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 PM

18,856 posts, read 31,596,438 times
Romney had no choice here. He had to go with this. If he endorsed gay marriage...he would not have been nominated on the Republican ticket.

Personally, I think this is a moot, "non-issue"....I don't care who marries who...I DO CARE about Illegal Immigration, a huge social, political and economic issue that is more and more like a big pink elephant in the room..that NO ONE wants to talk about...

They just picked a non issue now....to again, avoid discussing the real political hot potato. Niether Mitt or Obama wants to talk about Mexico.....

Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,626,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Romney had no choice here. He had to go with this. If he endorsed gay marriage...he would not have been nominated on the Republican ticket.
I dunno, it'd be entertaining to watch how far he could stretch the base on their supposed core "beliefs" because of the -R after his name. There's no way he can lose the nomination at this point and he's got nothing to lose as far as alienating people who'd never vote team blue.

He should totally try to outdo Obama- come out for full amnesty for illegal immigrants, gay marriage, repeal of DOMA, nationalize the auto and energy industries and all infrastructure, etc. He'll still get 45-48% of the popular vote no matter what.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Good for him I was worried he might cave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or