U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:27 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,665,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I think the same of you paul supporters. I'll have to come up with a clever name for you too
I call them "Wally Paulnuts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 PM

1,347 posts, read 923,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

Classy, attacking Obama's children, you must be proud of yourself.
He's hardly the one who started it. It just goes how stupid it is to talk about Romney being a 1%er and how that's bad when in fact the Obamas are also very much in the 1%

Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times
People are going to be pulling polls out of their @sses until election night, and few of them will have any validity. What matters is the pattern of polling over time, and particularly in the month of October, and even that is probably only going to matter little.

The bottom line is this: if trends over the past three election cycles mean anything, then about 45 percent of voters who will participate in this election have already made up their minds not to vote for Obama; however, before the Romneyites celebrate, they need to find a way to get that extra 8 percent of voters across the board. Some of that percentage will be gained between now and November. I'm guessing about 4-7 percent will be taken away from Obama between now and the day of the election. But that may or may not all go to Romney. It depends on Paul.

This will come down to turn out. This will come down to motivation of voters. It's hard to say who will win at this point. I don't think Romney will ever really overtake Obama by a significant margin. I think the real danger is whether Obama's voters who voted in 2008 are going to be particularly motivated enough to vote in 2012. That I just don't know.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 PM

19,031 posts, read 15,492,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
lol...there is always some excuse for you Obamalings. "President Romney"...practice saying it, you will eventually get used to it.
I disagree with you on many things, but you usually seem to approach things in a rather intelligent way.

Average approval ratings from more than a year out....

Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,865,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Very misleading thread. I notice mittens name wasnt even on there.

lol...who do you think Obama is running against in this election? Oh yes, Ron Paul I guess!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I disagree with you on many things, but you usually seem to approach things in a rather intelligent way.

Average approval ratings from more than a year out....

Take it up with Gallup...I didn't do it myself or anything.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
These polls are deliberately misleading and hope to sway your vote because they would like you to believe their candidate is in the lead.

It is very clear that Romney is the choice of the rich and intends to push more wealth their way by taking it away from the masses. What Main Street person would vote for a candidate who likes firing people, closes industrial plants, and outsources jobs? Romney is also a Mormon and as such will push the beliefs of his church if elected. If Romeny is elected we might as well make Salt Lake City our new capital.

While I am not particularly happy with the job President Obama is doing I also know that electing Romney would be the same as throwing every working person and senior off a cliff.

Mitt Romney has no record of 'pushing' his religion on anyone when in a leadership position. When he was the governor of one the bluest states in the country he certainly did not. He was very effective in that role and his religion had nothing to do with it.

Your sayin this is total hogwash and you know it. You are using religious bigotry to try to sway people's opinions and it's despicable.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM

19,031 posts, read 15,492,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Take it up with Gallup...I didn't do it myself or anything.
Yes you did. You made the title up yourself. That sure as hell doesn't appear anywhere in the Gallup article. Nor does anything about either being positive or negative in average approval for a period of 10-22 months prior to an election having an impact on how that state will vote. You made that crap up yourself,

Gallup may have made the poll, but you are the one who jumped to the absurd conclusion in your thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 AM

34,393 posts, read 41,499,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Wrong. 50% of Americans are FOR same sex marriage, while 48% are against it.
I think whatever peoples thoughts about the issue may be the more relevant question i would wonder is what percentage of people does this same sex issue actually apply to?i.ve personally known thousands of people over my lifetime and have yet to meet a same sex couple that wanted to get married,and of those thousands of people probably a figure of less than 1% have actually been gay so why is this non issue so critically important all of a sudden? like who cares? and why?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:52 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,639,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I think the same of you paul supporters. I'll have to come up with a clever name for you too
See, this is the problem with you Romney tools. Your minds are so narrow you have no conception of people not fitting into your neat little binaries. Obviously if someone doesn't praise your android paymaster they're an Obamabot. But if they say they're not on board with the Kenyan, then obviously they're a Paulsie.

Figures your robot boss would issue commands as an if...else statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or