U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2012, 03:19 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,145,278 times
Reputation: 9518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Wrong. 50% of Americans are FOR same sex marriage, while 48% are against it.
Sorry,I can't believe that Gallup Poll unless it was taken in San Francisco alone. As stated above, I also don't believe the Gallup Poll forecasting a Romney landslide. Absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 AM
 
Location: Pluto's Home Town
9,995 posts, read 11,681,157 times
Reputation: 5580
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Heres a much better and more accurate map
RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House
This looks a lot more believable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,115 posts, read 17,333,145 times
Reputation: 7287
An interesting read:
Playing Their Hand - Ronald Brownstein - NationalJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
 
16,284 posts, read 9,119,974 times
Reputation: 6561
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Don't confuse yourself
We need a President who understands fiscal responsibility
Nothing more, nothing less...
I would say fiscal sanity but I agree with your assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,865,518 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yeah, that excuse is called "facts".

You should look into using some to support your arguments sometime.


I guess they are not 'facts' unless they support your argument. Too bad. You are going to have to face a lot of 'facts' you don't care for this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,031 posts, read 15,492,363 times
Reputation: 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Sorry,I can't believe that Gallup Poll unless it was taken in San Francisco alone. As stated above, I also don't believe the Gallup Poll forecasting a Romney landslide. Absurd.
Poll afterf poll after poll has shown same-sex marriage support to be in the low 50's range.

The Gallup poll didn't forecast a Romney landslide, the OP made an absurd conclusion stating something the Gallup poll never said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,031 posts, read 15,492,363 times
Reputation: 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I guess they are not 'facts' unless they support your argument. Too bad. You are going to have to face a lot of 'facts' you don't care for this time around.
What is factual in your post was according to Gallup Obama's average approval throughout 2011 was under water in most states. What is not factual is average approval over a time period that measures 10-22 months prior to election day will have an impact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Sco
 
4,259 posts, read 4,240,478 times
Reputation: 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Poll afterf poll after poll has shown same-sex marriage support to be in the low 50's range.

The Gallup poll didn't forecast a Romney landslide, the OP made an absurd conclusion stating something the Gallup poll never said.
The OP works for the Romney campaign, they have probably been instructed to spam as many message boards as possible with this kind of spin and misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 AM
 
99 posts, read 195,608 times
Reputation: 136
This is eight months from now. I have no idea who will win but the only polls that are relevant are the ones from Aug-Nov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,692 posts, read 33,704,884 times
Reputation: 51920
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
People are going to be pulling polls out of their @sses until election night, and few of them will have any validity. What matters is the pattern of polling over time, and particularly in the month of October, and even that is probably only going to matter little.

The bottom line is this: if trends over the past three election cycles mean anything, then about 45 percent of voters who will participate in this election have already made up their minds not to vote for Obama; however, before the Romneyites celebrate, they need to find a way to get that extra 8 percent of voters across the board. Some of that percentage will be gained between now and November. I'm guessing about 4-7 percent will be taken away from Obama between now and the day of the election. But that may or may not all go to Romney. It depends on Paul.

This will come down to turn out. This will come down to motivation of voters. It's hard to say who will win at this point. I don't think Romney will ever really overtake Obama by a significant margin. I think the real danger is whether Obama's voters who voted in 2008 are going to be particularly motivated enough to vote in 2012. That I just don't know.
Gallup doesn't claim it's job approval numbers are predictive of Election Day results. It's the uninformed and/or biased media shoveling it to the uninformed public that makes the uninformed public think approval ratings by adults is the same as approval ratings of likely voters. If you want to know what voters are going to do on election day, you sample voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top