Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,224,958 times

Advertisements

I'm not for Romney, but dredging up events from high school is pretty lame. No one could be elected to anything if the threshold was that high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people care who is running for the office of the president of the Unites States.
And the vetting process begins with teenage hair cutting skills

Seriously, this isn't a Chappaquiddick moment....

Old 05-12-2012, 06:17 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
He either remembers it or he doesn't. If he doesn't, how on earth is he supposed to recall whether the incident was about the kid being gay? He has stated that it probably wasn't, but if he can't remember it then your in depth analysis of the incident and how truthful Mitt is being is completely irrelevant. He has said he doesn't remember it, but apologized anyways. His best guess is that he did do something, that it was bad and that sexual orientation was not a motivating factor for him. But he's guessing, not remembering.

I'm going to watch this thing with amused curiosity. The whole story seems more than a little fishy. Why did these other kids suddenly remember it? Why is this only coming out now? But the biggest question of all: Why is bad behavior from 45 years gone adolescence relevant to a Presidential election?

Where's the MSM breaking news on the sodid details from Obama's youth. He's already admitted this much:

"I will confess to you that I was kind of a goof off in high school as my mom reminded me," Obama said. "I went to high school in Hawaii, so there's a lot of opportunity to goof off because the weather is really good all the time …
"You know, I made some bad decisions …. You know, got into drinking and experimenting with drugs. There was a whole stretch of time where I didn't apply myself. It wasn't until I got out of … high school, and went to college that I started realizing, man, I wasted a lot of time.”

Did Mr Obama ever beat up another kid for no good reason? Was he an angry drunk? Angry drug abuser? Why isn't anyone reporting on that?? All we have to go on is the cleaned up version of events by Mr Obama himself. If it's so important to dig up events from High School, why is the MSM dropping the ball on this one??
I'm sorry, but Romney "not remembering it" defies logic and common sense.

An event so vivid and so tragic, that FIVE different people all were able to independently rehash the identical story 47 years later, leads me to believe Romney is not telling the truth about his recollection.

And as far as Obama's childhood goes, if any former student or group of students want to tell about any of Obama's "youthful indiscretions", I am willing to listen.

Has anyone come forward yet? It's been 4 years since Obama ran for office, and so far, nobody has spoken up.

Obama is still young enough, that most of his fellow students are probably alive and still have their memories intact.

So trying to "shift" the focus onto Obama's youth, apparently is not going to work here!

Obama's experimenting with drugs is something that many teenagers do, and it doesn't hurt anyone other than themselves. I don't hold that against him in any way. In some ways, it's just part of growing up.

I have no doubt that a significant number of people in office have tried marijuana, especially when they were young.

Now bullying is an entirely different issue. Bullying DOES hurt other people ... especially by the emotional scars it leaves with the victims, that last their entire lives.

Last edited by RD5050; 05-12-2012 at 06:39 PM..

Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

And as far as Obama's childhood goes, if any former student or group of students want to tell about any of Obama's past "indiscretions" I am willing to listen.

Has anyone come forward yet? It's been 4 years since Obama ran for office, and so far, nobody has spoken up.
Those that were talking were told to stop, I wonder by who?

Go back and read....

Old 05-12-2012, 06:21 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people care who is running for the office of the president of the Unites States.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
at least he has a past. obama has a fictitious past--- huge blank chapters nothing there. why no girl friends ever? suddenly married with kids. at least romney has proof of citizenship.
Here's some FACTS regarding Obama's past and its not about highschool pranks. Its actually about stuff that matters in a POTUS. Matters that influence and foretell how a person will act and in what direction they will take the country; what their goals will be. Should have looked at this stuff more closely last time around. Knowing what we do now about where he is taking us, we better look at it closely and use the "new media" to spread the word this time around, instead of focusing on dogs and teen age pranks.

Part One — The Fiction and Non-Fiction of Obama | Glenn Beck | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
It shows who he is at his core. Make himself look better at expense of others. Whether a student, corporate exec, or politician, this is how he operates. America will pass on him come November.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
It shows who he is at his core. Make himself look better at expense of others. Whether a student, corporate exec, or politician, this is how he operates. America will pass on him come November.
So what does doing drugs make you?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

LOL!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
We haven't seen the word elitist thrown around, but it certainly fits.
No, no....."elitist" is reserved for President Obama because he said this:
Quote:
“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff.”
Remember that? How the right wing nut jobs tried to paint him as an "elitist" because he made that one comment about arugula and Whole Foods?

And now they support trust fund Romney, who makes fun of cookies that are brought to him and who talks about the number of caddies his wife drives and how his friends own pro ball teams and on and on and on.

Bunch of pathetic hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections