Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 02:55 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh no...the guy that supplied the story to the WaPo was not even there.

Romney Friend Stu White Says Campaign Wants Him to Counter Prank Accusations - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM

374 posts, read 812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, I've been in many, many locker rooms, and no assaults like that ever happened.

You must have gone to a really high-quality school in a high-quality neighborhood.
I went to High School in rural Arkansas, in one of the poorest counties in the state. Want to make a snarky, condescending joke about that? About how much better you are? Hey, that'd kind of make you an elitist bully, too, wouldn't it? But it doesn't matter where I went; kids are kids wherever you go. I don't agree with Romney's politics probably anymore than you do, but you can't convince me that this would be considered an assault. And I will continue to say it is nothing, because I don't jump on the fake outrage band wagon no matter what party the candidate belongs to.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
His bullying never stopped.He made money firing people and taking out small companies didnt he?
If you were not doing the job you were hired to do, would you let them stay? That's being smart, not a bully.

By your logic, obama is a cocaine addict....

Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Apparently, Mittens not only picked on gays in his school days, he actually physically assaulted at least one.

Mitt Romney Was A High School Gay-Bashing Bully | The New Civil Rights Movement
I believe the story is falling apart as we speak.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 PM

749 posts, read 838,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Apparently, Mittens not only picked on gays in his school days.....
...and who didn't back then?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I dunno, I think a lot of the Romney campaign volunteers spamming this forum don't really think it's acceptable. It's just team red/team blue nonsense. If the exact same story came out but with the other guy's name attached there'd be no end of pearl-clutching and looking for fainting couches from them. It's how the game's played.
You are probably right.

But the game is Effed, and I am sick of it.

Last edited by LittleJazzyP; 05-10-2012 at 03:11 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If these were such minor incidents, why so much "defense" from the supporters?
And, why does Mr. Romney feel the need to apologize now that the details are out?

Well, for one, it was 45 years ago, and it's more of a defense of "really" you have to go back that far to find something.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he would not have apologized, you would be complaining about that also.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Is this the best the dems can come up with? Something that happened when he was in high school in 1965.

What a freakin joke...

Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
This bullying and violent behavior occurred when he was a teenager and knew better. It gives us a glimpse of what's inside the man. What his behavior pattern might be. Disqualifying? Probably not. But something to be concerned about. And to be concerned about he handles it in his responses this week. You can tell a lot about someone's character by how they handle the tough issues/scandals.
I would rather have a person who made a dumb mistake (40+ years ago) like this, than a dumb person who tried "blow" as a grown man....it gives a glimpse of of what's inside of that person.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM

374 posts, read 812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
You and your buddies cut each others' hair in the locker room all the time? Did you also give each other mani-pedis and critique each others' outfits? Who was in charge of makeovers?

No, the point was we played pranks on each other. If I was scrutinized for everything I did in high school, I would be completely unelectable. So would nearly everyone. Once, some older guy shaved a chunk out of the back of my head at basketball camp with a pair of clippers. Did I cry about it and say it was an assault? No, I laughed it off and got him back. Ever seen the show Jackass? Either y'all were a bunch of seriously bullied nerds in school with trauma issues that can't take a joke, or you are exaggerating the extent of how offended you really are. And Romney cut the guy's hair because he thought he was a hippy, not because he thought he was gay. I'm not necessarily defending the behavior, but it's high school. Everyone is a moron in high school. Everyone changes afterwards. I'm certainly not a Romney supporter, but I'm just tired of all this extreme partisanship. I'm just being honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections