U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 AM

5,697 posts, read 5,447,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another jab from Obama that's landing like a knock out blow. Obama calls out Willard on his massive flip-flop of at first wanting the auto industry to fail, then claims he supported saving them

LOL now this is good for laughs
can you even COUNT Obama's flips?
What did Obama do for our auto industry??
GM owe us billions!
not even a good try here, bucko!
I would wager that by Nov, Mr Obama is crying like the girl he shoved when kids
I am counting the days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 AM

1,333 posts, read 845,271 times
if we knew what was in the bailout I don't think many of us would have approved.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,094,901 times
Obama lost the flip flop issue when he changed his position on gay marriage, closing Quantanamo Bay, cutting the budget in half by the end of his first term, not raising taxes on those earning less than $250,000, taking PAC money, NAFTA, Partial Birth abortions, "you can keep the health plan you have", the surge in Iraq and on and on and on.....

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

756 posts, read 614,800 times
Frankly, what we told ourselves at General Motors was we're sure he's a good governor, but he doesn't know what he's talking about in this instance ... What he conveniently forgets is that there was zero liquidity in the country ... There was no way to fund a private Chapter 11 — even though, believe me, General Motors really tried to get private debt financing or organize a private Chapter 11. But there was no money to do it.

-- Bob Lutz, conservative Republican and retired vice chairman of GM and author of the book Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business commenting on $Willard $Romney's (mind-boggling) "I'll take a lot of credit" for the auto industry's comeback quote last week

By the way, here's what conservative Republican Lutz had to say about our fine President on this issue:

He just went in and he put the right team together and he got it done and the results are there for all to see, and I think you have to give credit where credit is due.

Conservative Republican Lutz was at GM at the time of the crisis.

Just sooooooooooo refreshing to (finally) find a con who is not afraid to acknowledge THE TRUTH...

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/11/152519...dustry-bailout

Last edited by Trader8; 05-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 05-14-2012, 06:30 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,094,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Frankly, what we told ourselves at General Motors was we're sure he's a good governor, but he doesn't know what he's talking about in this instance ... What he conveniently forgets is that there was zero liquidity in the country ... There was no way to fund a private Chapter 11 even though, believe me, General Motors really tried to get private debt financing or organize a private Chapter 11. But there was no money to do it.

-- Bob Lutz, conservative Republican and retired vice chairman of GM and author of the book Car Guys vs. Bean Counters: The Battle for the Soul of American Business commenting on $Willard $Romney's (mind-boggling) "I'll take a lot of credit" for the auto industry's comeback quote last week

By the way, here's what conservative Republican Lutz had to say about our fine President on this issue:

He just went in and he put the right team together and he got it done and the results are there for all to see, and I think you have to give credit where credit is due.

Conservative Republican Lutz was at GM at the time of the crisis.

Just sooooooooooo refreshing to (finally) find a con who is not afraid to acknowledge THE TRUTH...

Romney Shifts Gears On Auto Industry Bailout : NPR
Yeah, I would be praising someone who took my butt out of the fire. The management of GM and Chrysler should be put in jail for negotiating contracts that could never be fulfilled. Why the taxpayer should get stuck with the bill is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or