Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 02:41 AM

30,110 posts, read 23,499,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
"Yawn" that's all I've got on this anymore!
"Yawn" all you want, it's not our fault you all didn't know the rules.

Gee, I wonder where subsound is right about now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"Yawn" all you want, it's not our fault you all didn't know the rules.

Gee, I wonder where subsound is right about now?

The point is, I DO know the rules. Much better than you evidently. This is all just such a waste of time and effort and so stupid. If Ron Paul was truly the man he presents himself to be, he would not be encouraging or supporting his followers in trying to subvert the vote of the people. There is no way a sane person can think that a candidate who has not won the vote of the people in even one state and has almost 5 million votes LESS than his opponent should be the parties nominee! In what country would that ever happen, Iran?

Old 05-13-2012, 04:03 AM

865 posts, read 671,556 times
Quote:
The point is, I DO know the rules. Much better than you evidently. This is all just such a waste of time and effort and so stupid. If Ron Paul was truly the man he presents himself to be, he would not be encouraging or supporting his followers in trying to subvert the vote of the people. There is no way a sane person can think that a candidate who has not won the vote of the people in even one state and has almost 5 million votes LESS than his opponent should be the parties nominee! In what country would that ever happen, Iran?
Now with video evidence of stuffing ballots, the results of the popular vote is a bit of skepticism as far as the reported totals.

You may think we are annoying and overly persistent. However, we are supporting the candidate with a campaign that follows the democratically written rules in each contest to the fullest extent. Like others have repeatedly mentioned, if our efforts are all meaningless, then why bother complaining or even responding to these threads?

I know you want to be a cheerleader, and many other supporters are as well as us. But in the end, I question why a patriot(of any definition) would support someone who has been running a campaign full of breaking many of the very rules that they have agreed to follow. At some minimum, is this not the type of leadership we are all complaining about in Washington? It's a hypocrisy.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 AM

30,110 posts, read 23,499,354 times
Quote:
Your post illustrates that you clearly do not understand the reason for delegates in the first place. The Founding Fathers knew that "mob rule" was NOT what they wanted for this country. I suggest that you take a good long read in to what, exactly, the delegates are for.

(Hint: It's NOT for the "popular" vote.)

Edit: Wow, it's looking like 1976 all over again! Bet ya liked Reagan didn't ya?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2781,3455627

And while we're at it, let's ask the PUMAs about that delegation strategy and how it worked out for St. Hope and Change and not so much for Hillary.

Stop acting like this delegate thing, (which is totally legal, too bad if you don't like it), has never happened before. You didn't know the rules, now you're crying. YAWN.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 05-13-2012 at 05:40 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,896,049 times
Quote:
I find it ironic that there is this meme about subversion of the will of the people. When people promoting this are, in fact, promoting that very idea.

You setup rules and you play by them. Period. We DONOT have a DEMOCRACY. Trying to force that on people is true subversion. Not allowing them participation in the process, that is subversion. The actual "elections" haven't even occurred most places yet and you seem to be glossing over everything and buying some inaccurate "beauty" contest as your meter. It's been over, as far as you are concerned. Based on vapor.

NM the trail a mile long of discrepancies, conflict of interest, fraud evidence you are using as your "meter" to put you in the all mighty judgment chair of changing the rules to suit your view of how things should be.

Do you know the rules better than the RNC Lawyer?

Last edited by CDusr; 05-13-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 12:15 PM

473 posts, read 397,369 times
Default Meeman - May 9, 2012 at 10:38 am

Quote:
Mitt Obomney supposedly got between 65% and 70% in those States.

Oh please… come one!

Not even a trawler smells this fishy!

According to delegate news updates, Ron Paul has WON between 8 and 11 States already, depending upon who's giving the news.

The People vote for Ron Paul in record numbers and yet Mitt Obomney 'wins' another three States on the 8th of May.
Seriously, WTF is going on?
Why are the yanks letting this fraud happen? Any other country and there'd be armed revolt in the streets. Get? a pair of balls, yanks. A little revolution now and again is good for the soul. Do you people have one?

Ron Paul or corporate-owned servitude.

Don't you people even WANT to be free?
Romney wins Indiana, North Carolina and West Virginia « 2012 Election Central

Last edited by Born to Run; 05-13-2012 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,717,655 times
Quote:
Subvert the vote count? LMAO You've got the wrong camp. Its the crooked Romney camp that is doing that. If Romney had an ounce of integrity and wasn't such a two faced liar he would admonish the crooked ones working for him.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,081,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Your post illustrates that you clearly do not understand the reason for delegates in the first place. The Founding Fathers knew that "mob rule" was NOT what they wanted for this country. I suggest that you take a good long read in to what, exactly, the delegates are for.

(Hint: It's NOT for the "popular" vote.)

Edit: Wow, it's looking like 1976 all over again! Bet ya liked Reagan didn't ya?

St. Petersburg Times - Google News Archive Search

And while we're at it, let's ask the PUMAs about that delegation strategy and how it worked out for St. Hope and Change and not so much for Hillary.

Stop acting like this delegate thing, (which is totally legal, too bad if you don't like it), has never happened before. You didn't know the rules, now you're crying. YAWN.
Right, I forgot that the founding fathers were the ones who designed the Republican Party's primary process.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,081,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I find it ironic that there is this meme about subversion of the will of the people. When people promoting this are, in fact, promoting that very idea.

You setup rules and you play by them. Period. We DONOT have a DEMOCRACY. Trying to force that on people is true subversion. Not allowing them participation in the process, that is subversion. The actual "elections" haven't even occurred most places yet and you seem to be glossing over everything and buying some inaccurate "beauty" contest as your meter. It's been over, as far as you are concerned. Based on vapor.

NM the trail a mile long of discrepancies, conflict of interest, fraud evidence you are using as your "meter" to put you in the all mighty judgment chair of changing the rules to suit your view of how things should be.

Do you know the rules better than the RNC Lawyer?
You truly do not understand the concept of bound delegates do you? You're telling me that everybody's been binding their delegates all these years and nobody except this one single lawyer, over the course of all these many years, nobody except this one dude seems to realize delegates are not bound?

Well I guess we have to agree to disagree then. See you in Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections