U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Time to dump Mittens before more gay bashing stories surface???
No, stick with Mittens no matter how bad it gets. 5 15.63%
Yes, Mittens should withdraw and let Paul have it. 23 71.88%
Yes, Mittens withdraws and anyone but Paul is selected. 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM

8,101 posts, read 2,075,926 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul!!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM

14,406 posts, read 8,049,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Turns out the story was a lie. But that's OK because it fits your narrative.
It was a lie?!?!? Do you have a link?

Even if this story is true, I'm still going to be voting for Romney, both in the TX primary and in the general election, because I don't care about pranks he may have pulled as a teenager 50 years ago. That said, I would love that to be posted for the anti-Romney posters to see.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM

8,569 posts, read 8,775,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
The total number of votes cast for Romney far exceeds the total number of votes cast for Paul. Hence, as stated, your assertion is false.... .

That is what was first reported but like what happened in Iowa, those reports are being proved wrong. Also by virtue of the fact the MSM reported it doesn't make it so. Now more than EVER the saying, "Don't believe everything you read." applies --especially when it comes to the mainstream media news reports. Read it for entertainment value but don't believe it without verifying the facts and the sources.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
That is what was first reported but like what happened in Iowa, those reports are being proved wrong. Also by virtue of the fact the MSM reported it doesn't make it so. Now more than EVER the saying, "Don't believe everything you read." applies --especially when it comes to the mainstream media news reports. Read it for entertainment value but don't believe it without verifying the facts and the sources.
I don't know how I'm going to laugh so hard once Paul is out of this race. Reading the Paulbots' posts on this forum has become a huge source of entertainment for me...and I suspect for many others as well.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM

2,714 posts, read 1,547,789 times
Mittens plus 7 over Obama in today's Rasmussen poll.

I'll stick with him.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM

6,722 posts, read 2,080,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It was a lie?!?!? Do you have a link?

Even if this story is true, I'm still going to be voting for Romney, both in the TX primary and in the general election, because I don't care about pranks he may have pulled as a teenager 50 years ago. That said, I would love that to be posted for the anti-Romney posters to see.
Prank? Physically assaulting someone, publicly humiliating them and chopping off their hair is a prank? Bullying is NEVER a prank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Turns out the story was a lie. But that's OK because it fits your narrative.
Yeah, we will all be waiting for that link that says the story is a lie... Five different people, SO FAR, have independently described the same event. That kinda makes it the truth.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM

6,879 posts, read 1,910,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yeah, we will all be waiting for that link that says the story is a lie... Five different people, SO FAR, have independently described the same event. That kinda makes it the truth.
If this story is true--and from the independent corroboration of so many people I believe that it is--I suspect we will start to see more of these stories come out. I think Romney's true character is a far cry from the squeaky-clean image his campaign wants the electorate to believe.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM

756 posts, read 294,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Mittens plus 7 over Obama in today's Rasmussen poll.

I'll stick with him.
LOL ... again with the R-ass-mussen

Wouldn't be surprised if that clown had McCain up by ten a few hours before the polls opened back in '08 ... LOL

Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 4,997,337 times
Sounds like Romney has GAYBOATED himself.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
LOL ... again with the R-ass-mussen

Wouldn't be surprised if that clown had McCain up by ten a few hours before the polls opened back in '08 ... LOL
Wrong...

The List: Which presidential polls were most accurate? | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Rasmussen was tied for most accurate pollster in the polls immediately before the 2008 election.

That being said, Rasmussen does frequently seem to favor Republicans and was not very accurate in 2010. However, this election cycle they seem to have results fairly similar to the averages in a lot of the state by state polling (but not in national polling) - a lot more similar to the averages than PPP, which the liberals on the forum seem to view as being very accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections