Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think what most have to realize that: 1-kids are kids; 2-what Romney did or didn't do 50 years ago or what Obama did or didn't do 30 years ago really is the last thing we should be concerned about and what the kid did or didn't tell his parents is something we will never know. I would say, wouldn't your parents want to know how you hair got all chopped up? Don't you find it strange that these guys who witnessed this have all come forward at once? I have no doubt Romney did something and probably it wasn't very nice, but it over, he apologized, he was a teen at the time and none of us will ever know what really happened.

Nita

It boils down to the character of the man. Romney was born into great wealth, never had to toil in life and yet he still had to find enough animus inside himself to torment others. I would also expect a Kennedy family member to act a certain way simply because they were given so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It boils down to the character of the man. Romney was born into great wealth, never had to toil in life and yet he still had to find enough animus inside himself to torment others. I would also expect a Kennedy family member to act a certain way simply because they were given so much.
Yet Ted Kennedy is lauded as a Liberal Icon by progressives. Why the double standard?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yet Ted Kennedy is lauded as a Liberal Icon by progressives. Why the double standard?
I actually am disappointed in Ted Kennedy's hideous personal behavior and grossly poor lack of good judgment, ie Chapiquickdick. I also believe that he tried to atone for his sins through his good works and helping to raise the next generation of Kennedys who were good people, for the most part. But nobody has ever documented that any of the Kennedys were bullies who picked on others. I would only hope that Romney has tried to atone for his past ways, but we really don't know if he has or not.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I have friends who have been through college fraternity hazings that were far worse - one was buried up to his neck while drunk and had his eyebrows shaved off. One was tied up and left naked in the middle of nowhere to find his way back. And these assaults were perpetrated by "friends". They are now pillars of the community. (One former fraternity jokester is an attorney and my former boss - he's told fraternity stories that would make your hair curl).
People who participate in hazing do so voluntarily.....to pass muster to join an organization.......totally different than someone being singled out just because of the way they look or dress.....jumped by a gang and assaulted.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Get over yourself, dear. It didn't happen.

Damn!
Get over myself? LMAO

I have nothing to do with this story coming to light.....and the FACT that multiple witnesses said it DID happen and the fact that Romney is conveniently suffering from selective amnesia.

Just the fact that Romney doesn't even remember the incident says a lot about the man......ya know.....what happens to a "lesser than" doesn't even register on his radar.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I actually am disappointed in Ted Kennedy's hideous personal behavior and grossly poor lack of good judgment, ie Chapiquickdick. I also believe that he tried to atone for his sins through his good works and helping to raise the next generation of Kennedys who were good people, for the most part. But nobody has ever documented that any of the Kennedys were bullies who picked on others. I would only hope that Romney has tried to atone for his past ways, but we really don't know if he has or not.
But, you still would vote for Kennedy because he has a sparkly "D" after his name.

You libs are desperate when you're talking about crap from prep school. I don't blame you. It's not like Obama has anything good to run on.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
But, you still would vote for Kennedy because he has a sparkly "D" after his name.

You libs are desperate when you're talking about crap from prep school. I don't blame you. It's not like Obama has anything good to run on.
I would vote for Ted Kennedy based on his progressive record, not the D after his name. If I could find a progressive Republican (like an Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins) to vote for in my neck of the woods, I would vote for him, but they don't exist.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:26 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Here's the original text, which they have since edited, but the original story still remains on other news sites:

Classmates recall Romney's pranks — and darker incidents | Seattle Times Newspaper

Except Stu White knew nothing about the alledged hair cutting incident until he was called by the newspaper in 2012.

Oops. Will this be like the NBC "edit?" They weren't trying to lie, they just needed a few more words for the story and decided to make up 50 years of angst for someone who never even heard about it?

And the family of the man is very upset. His sister said she had never heard a word about this incident and cried when she read how the newspaper mischaracterized her dead brother:

Sister of Alleged Romney Target Has ‘No Knowledge’ of Any Bullying Incident - ABC News

Way to go WaPo. Lie, slander a dead man, whatever it takes to get yoru guy reelected.

All you had to say was, "Washington Post". Are people just now seriously figuring out which publications have been lying for years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections