U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 AM

387 posts, read 854,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, it wold help if you would read your own links....and maybe the OPs also.....maybe the other links provided also....

But, hey as long as Bill Maher can do it, why not....right, ohhhhh the short memories of the left.....
Sorry, no time and I don't read stuff like the Blaze. Wasn't aware of Bill Maher. We don't have cable. I was just trying to be helpful here.

I thought candidates were completely separate from their SuperPacs?

Note: I don't approve of PAC's and disapprove of the Citizens United decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM

29,296 posts, read 39,643,592 times
I'd like to see Obama use all the tools in the arsenal of a President to defeat and dispatch the Republican extremists and their puppet nominee. Obama was so naive when he took office. He thought these wackos would compromise for the good of the country. He has learned the facts but still does not take off the gloves. It's time for a scorched earth approach. Our future is at stake.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,979,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
for good.
Yep, he's trying to shut down all opposition......for good.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM

71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Team Obama “named and shamed” eight private citizens for donating to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney,..."

"Frank VanderSloot, one of the eight men detailed by the president’s “Truth Team,” is discovering what it means to be on a president’s “enemies list.”

"[W]hen I first learned that President Obama‘s campaign had singled me out on his ’enemies list,’ I knew it was like taping a target on my back,” VanderSloot said."

“[But] the public beatings and false accusations that followed are no deterrent. These tactics will not work in America,” he said, adding that he’s “contemplating a second donation.”

Romney Donor Finds Out What it Means to be on President‘s ’Enemies List’ | TheBlaze.com

Creepy, creepy tactics coming from the White House. Above and beyond the normal, "dirty politics." I think we are entering into some extremely dark, scary territory.
I feel so bad for this guy. Talk about being drug over the coals and most of what has been done, apparently is legal. The only questionable part seems to be defermation of character.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:09 AM

19,449 posts, read 17,694,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are showing your ignorance. It doesn't matter who the messenger is, as long as it's true. The blaze or msnbc; who would you believe?

MSNBC? Really?
And you and all you righties show your ignorance by only believing The Blaze and other far right web sites.

Personally, I would believe MSNBC over The Blaze anyday.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 AM

86,900 posts, read 102,364,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Good to see you support communism
You don't know much about the Chicago machine if you think Daley was a communist.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,436,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Yep, he's trying to shut down all opposition......for good.
No, not true.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 9,075,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'd like to see Obama use all the tools in the arsenal of a President to defeat and dispatch the Republican extremists and their puppet nominee. Obama was so naive when he took office. He thought these wackos would compromise for the good of the country. He has learned the facts but still does not take off the gloves. It's time for a scorched earth approach. Our future is at stake.
Yes they need to compromise. Compromise means bills not passing in the Democratically controlled Senate and then blaming it on the Republican House. Compromise means you have to vote for it to know what is in it. Compromise means telling Republicans that they can come along for the ride but have to sit in the back seat. Compromise means Obama's way period.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:26 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,237,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama was so naive when he took office... Our future is at stake.
For once I agree with you. Obama was so naive. He still is naive - an amateur as Willy put it and a puppet. And we need to get him out of office. Our future is at stake!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,439,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Team Obama “named and shamed” eight private citizens for donating to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney,..."

"Frank VanderSloot, one of the eight men detailed by the president’s “Truth Team,” is discovering what it means to be on a president’s “enemies list.”

"[W]hen I first learned that President Obama‘s campaign had singled me out on his ’enemies list,’ I knew it was like taping a target on my back,” VanderSloot said."

“[But] the public beatings and false accusations that followed are no deterrent. These tactics will not work in America,” he said, adding that he’s “contemplating a second donation.”

Romney Donor Finds Out What it Means to be on President‘s ’Enemies List’ | TheBlaze.com

Creepy, creepy tactics coming from the White House. Above and beyond the normal, "dirty politics." I think we are entering into some extremely dark, scary territory.
Haven't most American presidents had one of these? Johnson blackballed Eartha Kitt for speaking out about the Vietnam War. Nixon had an enemies' list. This is hardly earth shaking news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or