Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Thank you.

As per my link. The official GOP rules mention states binding delegates.....obviously they are fine with it. The Unit Rule is something slightly different.
Your welcome. The unit rule is all part of it. The rules you posted,pertaining to bound delegates, as pointed out, provide much leeway. You have to take it all in its entirety, as "the rules".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,230 times
I don't think even the GOP knows what they are going to do when the s**t hit the fan in Tampa. They risk the chance of alienating way too many voters. Romney could turn out to be a pedophile with 8 wives and his supporters would still vote for him. They aren't the ones who are going to decide this election.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

That is true. However, the delegates that are RP supporters plan on abstaining on the first vote in Florida. These delegates that do abstain then forfeit their position to an alternate delegate, but the damage is already done. Secondly, these delegates plan on using the five state majority rule (which RP almost has) to call for a complete change of the rules.

Who do you think grabbed the alternates?

Take a wild freak'n guess! Hehehehehe!

The grassroots is in place, for Paul supporters to have majorities of their supporters being named to delegates in winner take all states, where you just think Mitt won them all from a programmed machine.

Tampa is going to be pure entertainment.

Even if Paul gets tossed, what he has done to each states RNC, where Paul's freedom supporters have taken over the direction away from the establishment, for elections to come.

Kinda like what redistricting for Democrats, nationally.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Yes they are gagged on the first ballot to the will of the people......oh the horror that democracy is.

Yes, I can't believe these people don't know this. Ron Paul should clarify and straighten this out with them since supposedly they are doing all of this on his behalf. I have lost respect for him allowing this to go on and letting these people make fools of themselves all over the internet, with their peers and at these state meetings. They are being used.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yes, I can't believe these people don't know this. Ron Paul should clarify and straighten this out with them since supposedly they are doing all of this on his behalf. I have lost respect for him allowing this to go on and letting these people make fools of themselves all over the internet, with their peers and at these state meetings. They are being used.

Freedom is a crazy thing, where rules don't apply.

Freedom has no rules.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

His campaign office officially denounced the efforts in Idaho after the Paulistas' plan was revealed. I don't know anything about other states.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Freedom is a crazy thing, where rules don't apply.

Freedom has no rules.

Another fail.
Ultimate freedom is anarchy- each person out for himself only, with no regard for the general welfare. Some essential rules are a necessary thing for a thriving representative democracy.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Previously:
Quote:
The establishment has been trying to change the rules, as it goes along. That is its only hope. Too bad, Paul has educated his supporters how it all works and what the goal is.
Now:
Quote:
Freedom is a crazy thing, where rules don't apply. Freedom has no rules.
Hypocrisy much?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Ron Paul backers' plan: Transform the GOP - CNN.com

Interesting statements from a Ron Paul delegate. He seems to be saying that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, it is about changing the platform and winning the party over in future elections. He also says the abstaining thing is a "pipe dream" and he also believes some delegates are bound.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Ron Paul backers' plan: Transform the GOP - CNN.com

Interesting statements from a Ron Paul delegate. He seems to be saying that Ron Paul has no chance of winning, it is about changing the platform and winning the party over in future elections. He also says the abstaining thing is a "pipe dream" and he also believes some delegates are bound.
Many of them look to the long term and if they stay focused there are many Paul ideas that are attractive to members of the republican party.Many are patient and understand that 'a half a loaf is better than nothing' when you are trying to get something.A lot of Paul supporters are more pragmatic than Paul.I've said all along that Paul has never expected to be the nominee but wants enough support and supporters to have some influence in moving things in the direction he wants and leave a legacy.I like a lot of Pauls ideas myself but understand that the majority of people aren't where I am politically,much less where he is.

Unfortunately for Paul he is too rigid in his positions and has attracted a small but loud cadre of 'rebels who want a cause' whose actions have been detremental to attracting new supporters.They refuse to accept that their 'in your face'and 'insult and browbeat those who don't understand the truth' style of recruiting others often turns people off before they even bother hearing the message.

I'm not sure how lasting the movement will be without Paul and at his age time isn't on his side to build things over multiple election cycles.While I don't go as far as him and don't see him as the 'messianic figure' many of his supporters do I do like him and many of his ideas.I'm not too crazy about many of his more 'enthusiastic supporters'....which is ok since this group with their 'if you're not 100% with us you're against us' attitude aren't too crazy about me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections