U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,924,715 times

Advertisements

Why is there so much criticismby progressives over the alleged "bullying" by Mitt Romney in 1965 ? I ask because I recall an incident that took place in 1985 in a D.C. restaurant, where Senators Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd made a "sandwich" with a waitress. It seems the young lady was thrown atop a table, then picked up by Ted and then thrown atop Dodd, followed by Kennedy climbing on top of the girl.

Why is it that Kennedy is lauded as a Liberal Icon after such an act, but Romney is vilified for hair-cutting?

Is a haircut a worse form of bullying than a sexual assault by two males of the 1% against a female of the 99%?

What gives? Why the double standard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,848,373 times
There will always be a double standard as long as the media is controlled by the left. Good points to make though and I can think of far worse Teddy did that was totally swept under the rug (or bridge) also.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 PM

16,708 posts, read 9,073,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Why is there so much criticismby progressives over the alleged "bullying" by Mitt Romney in 1965 ? I ask because I recall an incident that took place in 1985 in a D.C. restaurant, where Senators Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd made a "sandwich" with a waitress. It seems the young lady was thrown atop a table, then picked up by Ted and then thrown atop Dodd, followed by Kennedy climbing on top of the girl.

Why is it that Kennedy is lauded as a Liberal Icon after such an act, but Romney is vilified for hair-cutting?

Is a haircut a worse form of bullying than a sexual assault by two males of the 1% against a female of the 99%?

What gives? Why the double standard?
Well, when Ted Kennedy sexually assaulted a waitress he was only a mere 53 years young. Chris Dodd on the other hand was 41, that is barely over the hill. They didn't really know any better and they grew up to be respectable men.

Mitt Romney was a Senior in High School when the alleged incident happened. A Senior should know better.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There will always be a double standard as long as the media is controlled by the left. Good points to make though and I can think of far worse Teddy did that was totally swept under the rug (or bridge) also.
I just find the outrage over this to be insincere and disengenuous. If Kennedy gets a pass for sexual assault, why should Romney get crucified for a haircut?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Well, when Ted Kennedy sexually assaulted a waitress he was only a mere 53 years young. He didn't really know any better and he grew up to be a respectable man.

Mitt Romney was a Senior in High School when the alleged incident happened. A Senior should know better.
True, true. Plus, Kennedy was with that Dodd guy, a known helion and bad influence.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 PM

33,979 posts, read 18,467,262 times
Hummmm....I don't think you will get much attention here.

If you do, it will be about how wrong you are and how this does not matter (for no good reason)......or better yet....the left will say.....well, Mitt is running for president....everything is fair game.......unless your obama....

Old 05-12-2012, 02:22 PM

9,356 posts, read 9,491,212 times
Ted also killed a girl on Marthas Vinyard, but that doest matter either apparently.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:24 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,636,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Ted also killed a girl on Marthas Vinyard, but that doest matter either apparently.
Please. I think those Kennedys are totally sleazeballs and so do tons of liberals.

Give me a break.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:25 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,848,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I just find the outrage over this to be insincere and disengenuous. If Kennedy gets a pass for sexual assault, why should Romney get crucified for a haircut?

Kennedy got a pass for basically what was manslaughter. Kennedy's have gotten passes for a lot of things through the years that are crimes. It is crazy, but money and connections talk.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:05 PM

33,979 posts, read 18,467,262 times
Almost 2 hours and not a peep out of the left....

Wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections