Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times

Advertisements

AZ GOP breaks the rules AGAIN!!!

- police made everyone leave the convention room.
- broken rule: no vote to adjorn
- broken rule: can't adjorn with pending votes

So they are moving to the parking lot. This is heating up! Oklahoma Redux!

Live Stream: ronpaulorbust on USTREAM: This channel was created to document the proceedings of the Arizona GOP state convention..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 PM

473 posts, read 400,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
AZ GOP breaks the rules AGAIN!!!

- police made everyone leave the convention room.
- broken rule: no vote to adjorn
- broken rule: can't adjorn with pending votes

So they are moving to the parking lot. This is heating up! Oklahoma Redux!

Live Stream: ronpaulorbust on USTREAM: This channel was created to document the proceedings of the Arizona GOP state convention..
So what were they trying to do? Make everybody leave and announce a fake vote result?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
So what were they trying to do? Make everybody leave and announce a fake vote result?
I think the GOP sent the cops to chase the RP supporters outside. The parking lot rump convention didn't go well. Everyone dispersed at the moment. At least 2000 people must be doing a post-mortem on this to see what went wrong. I'll post more info if I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Arizona is a winner-take-all state. Romney won close to 50% of the vote. Ron Paul won less than 10%.

All delegates from Arizona will be Romney's and are bound to him.
Yeah, right. If at least you are not tired of repeating this "bound to Romney" remark, at least I am tired of listening to it. At the moment, there is still some doubts on how the binding rules work. Even if they are all bound to Romney, we will still take it. Just for fun. OK?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Moving pains, if they are bound to Romney, they are bound to him.

Regardless, I deleted my post because I'm sick of trying to get delusional people who cannot accept reality to accept it.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Regardless, I deleted my post because I'm sick of trying to get delusional people who cannot accept reality to accept it.
If they were bound there wouldn't any Romney camp shenanigans...

Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:

Reality Check: Why all RNC delegates are 'Free Agents' and unbound

Reality Check: Why all RNC delegates are 'Free Agents' and unbou - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:

Yes, thank you. Now please keep your word and stop with the "everybody is bound to Romney" parroting. You have said it a 1000 times and we have heard it a 1000 times. Whether they are bound to Romney or not, we will still take them. We will see the rest in Tampa. OK?

Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
If Mitt Romney has the number of delegates he needs to win the nomination on the first vote at the convention (1144) and barring some unforseen calamity, he will, the bound delegates have to cast their vote for him on the first vote...and it will be over. Period. Done deal. Then the Ron Paul folks can squawk and carry on for the next four years about some grand conspiracy theory and that they got cheated, because the system worked just how it was supposed to in the first place.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If Mitt Romney has the number of delegates he needs to win the nomination on the first vote at the convention (1144) and barring some unforseen calamity, he will, the bound delegates have to cast their vote for him on the first vote...and it will be over. Period. Done deal. Then the Ron Paul folks can squawk and carry on for the next four years about some grand conspiracy theory and that they got cheated, because the system worked just how it was supposed to in the first place.
Romney isn't going to make it to 1144.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:10 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Yeah this looks a bit ominous.
ronpaulorbust recorded live on 5/12/12 at 9:02 PM PDT, Recorded live on my iPhone on 5/12/12 at 9:02 PM PDT ronpaulorbust on USTREAM. Citizen Journalist
So were they bothered by how long it was taking them and wanting them gone? They were trying to run them off of the church parking lot also, even though the guy got permission.
I couldn't find the site they are recommending for signups for precinct captains. He said the party kicked them out. The woman claimed they are still counting votes in a back room, after they kicked people out with no video.

Last edited by CDusr; 05-13-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections