U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
 
473 posts, read 342,400 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Official GOP rules allow for the binding of state delegates to popular vote. The Unit Rule does not void this. If there is a conflict in rules, who will the GOP establishment favor??? Additionally, the GOP establishment can void a convention mid voting if they want per the rules. Do you really think they will let some guy who has won zero states beat out a guy who will have won 40+ contests by then?

Wake up. It is Romney.
Rule 38 of the Republican Party does not allow binding delegates... It's over for Romney... Ron Paul will be the nominee at the convention.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM
 
16,709 posts, read 9,075,159 times
Reputation: 6758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Rule 38 of the Republican Party does not allow binding delegates... It's over for Romney... Ron Paul will be the nominee at the convention.


The Unit Rule does not prohibit binding to popular votes. Other GOP rules clearly state that some delegates are bound by popular votes. Other GOP rules clearly state that the GOP leaders will interpret rules - who will they choose? Another GOP rule says the convention can be scrapped at any moment even during the voting process at which point party leaders would choose the nominee.

The USSC case you cited does not apply to party conventions, which are outside of government.

Stop choosing to be an ostrich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
 
473 posts, read 342,400 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The Unit Rule does not prohibit binding to popular votes. Other GOP rules clearly state that some delegates are bound by popular votes. Other GOP rules clearly state that the GOP leaders will interpret rules - who will they choose? Another GOP rule says the convention can be scrapped at any moment even during the voting process at which point party leaders would choose the nominee.

The USSC case you cited does not apply to party conventions, which are outside of government.

Stop choosing to be an ostrich.
Niced try at reverse psychology... A lot of people watching CNN and FOX have thier head in the sand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,393,099 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Only California is winner take all... The rest are proportional... It's over... Ron Paul wins on the second ballot at the convention...
Its impossible to take the Borntorun bot, seriously. Its like you cant say anything else of value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM
 
473 posts, read 342,400 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its impossible to take the Borntorun bot, seriously. Its like you cant say anything else of value.
It's the only thing of value in this thread... Ron Paul will be the Republican nominee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
 
1,463 posts, read 2,354,102 times
Reputation: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its impossible to take the Borntorun bot, seriously. Its like you cant say anything else of value.
This subforum is going to enter meltdown mode when Ron Paul is kicked to the curb at Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 09:39 PM
 
473 posts, read 342,400 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
This subforum is going to enter meltdown mode when Ron Paul is kicked to the curb at Tampa.
You've got that mixed up... The GOP will kick Romney to the curb in Tampa... They never wanted him anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,890,734 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
This subforum is going to enter meltdown mode when Ron Paul is kicked to the curb at Tampa.
Somehow I doubt that. The convention should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top