Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Two things got him elected:

1. ACORN, which rallied the blacks and drove them to the polls, even showing them how to vote since the majority had never voted before and didn't have a clue (and still don't).

2. Paulbots, who voted for Paul even though he said he was no longer running.
You're at least two things short:

John McCain

Sarah Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I didn't realize Obama was the C.E.O. of these companies taking in record profits that have decided to create jobs that pay less than before.
are you denying that obama took TAXPAYER money and promised to create shovel ready jobs with it?

who do you want to blame that on?

who do you think authorized printing of our own country's money and visited inflation upon us, without our permission or our consent?

americans are struggling because of GOVERNMENT actions.

is that the private sector?

no, i don't think so.

to give an example, obama was on The View (really!) and was talking about JP morgan with whoopi goldberg.

Does it ever cross the President’s mind that perhaps the big banks take risks precisely because he stands ready to throw Joe Taxpayer’s hard earned money at their mistakes? Right on national television, Obama affirmed what every big Wall Street banker has been conditioned to; that should things get too hairy and big losses are imminent, a government bailout awaits. This was the real purpose behind the Federal Reserve’s role as “lender of last resort.”

It took away the prudence necessary with the prospect of failure and transferred the losses into the form of devalued currency that all dollar holders must inevitably suffer from.

that is not free market anything, and the blame must fall where the blame should fall.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
are you denying that obama took TAXPAYER money and promised to create shovel ready jobs with it?

who do you want to blame that on?

who do you think authorized printing of our own country's money and visited inflation upon us, without our permission or our consent?

americans are struggling because of GOVERNMENT actions.

is that the private sector?

no, i don't think so.

to give an example, obama was on The View (really!) and was talking about JP morgan with whoopi goldberg.

Does it ever cross the President’s mind that perhaps the big banks take risks precisely because he stands ready to throw Joe Taxpayer’s hard earned money at their mistakes? Right on national television, Obama affirmed what every big Wall Street banker has been conditioned to; that should things get too hairy and big losses are imminent, a government bailout awaits. This was the real purpose behind the Federal Reserve’s role as “lender of last resort.”

It took away the prudence necessary with the prospect of failure and transferred the losses into the form of devalued currency that all dollar holders must inevitably suffer from.

that is not free market anything, and the blame must fall where the blame should fall.
Someone should be "blamed" for the stimulus?
Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
are these the same economists who lied about the economy in the first place?

i think americans can see for themselves if businesses, jobs, and their pay rate are increasing.

the only thing i see increasing is our debt load.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:32 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Well your link is nice and 2 years old.

I can find some links that don't look as nice:

Analysis finds stimulus confusion - USATODAY.com

Bob Bray got $26,174 in stimulus to fix a fence and repair a roof - the government is counting this activity as 450 jobs created. Seriously. How many permanent jobs are created from stuff like this? He hired 5 roofers and an inspector to work a single day. How did this actually create permanent jobs. Yes it helped those 6 workers out for a day. Yes it helped the tile company out for a small order. Where are the permanent jobs saved and created. Seems like Obama is using fuzzy math.

I want money to fix up my house, why did Obama pick him as a winner of free government money and not me???

Obama

$278,000 in stimulus per job created and the majority of jobs were temporary? Sounds like a great use of money!

My point is, the stimulus is not a cut and dry success. Of course we had to hurry up and pass it without a public debate and time to investigate where all the money would go -- I mean Obama after all promised to be the most transparent president ever.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
McCain would have won if it wasn't for her. What a shame.
Oh, please. She was the main reason I voted for mcCain.

Those who blame W and Sarah are being spoonfed garbage, and they're swallowing it whole.

I pity them.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 AM

49 posts, read 83,567 times
I'd like to point out that Obama knew about what was going on with the economy when he was campaigning and making his promises. When people bring up how bad it was then, it seems as if the consensus is that he 'won' the presidency, and only then went Golly Gee and was overwhelmed with the magnitude of the problem.

Bullfeathers. He used all sorts of things in his campaign speeches, things he was going to change and make better. He knew what he was getting into, he just wasn't up to the job. Bit off more than he could chew.

And as for McCain, do any of you really think he would have been that different? I'm betting we still would have gone to Libya (though the rhetoric may have been spun another way), big businesses still would have been 'helped' at our expense, and our civil rights would still be undergoing the same assault they are today (especially considering he co-authored that whole NDAA mess). So...please. Who cares whether it's the Democrat poster boy or the Republican one? Our only two options at that point were laughable.

The 'Paulbots' had the right idea. Screw the pre-selected system. And they're supposed to be blamed for the mess we're in? A person's vote is their voice. Theirs. It's not there to be preempted because they belong to a particular party. It doesn't belong to anyone else, and it definitely didn't belong to McCain. Why not look at the underlying reasons why they wouldn't transfer their votes to another candidate? Look at McCain's warmongering, his disregard for civil rights, and his ties with big business. We'd have been in just as much of a mess as we are now.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Two more words:
Sarah

Palin
more like...he was black. The left wanted to make history...the left wanted the world to see that we are 'enlightened'. For that, we paid with a clueless leader who has NO IDEA how to lead. A man who has divided this country even MORE than it already was...A man with NO PLAN at all.

Congrats lefties...your 'selection' has the country on the verge of bankruptcy..with no end in sight to a growing debt that cannot ever be paid, and because of that, will forever negatively effect the economy of this country...AND the world.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
When we move forward ...
Yes, we have a choice in the 2012 election. Continue forward, or regress ... backwards.

Forward. - YouTube

Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
because the republican part is DONE!

only old people and dumb rednecks fall for all that government is bad but private corporations are good crap. Look what it's got us into. thankfully Obama will get 4 more years to try and straiten this mess out. In another 10 years the Boomers will be dropping like flys and hopefully we can join the rest of the industrialized world again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections