Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
The only states that don't allow write-in votes are Hawaii, Arkansas, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma and South Dakota.

Stay home? 2008 saw the largest number of voters ever. More than 130 million voted in 2008.

Might want to check your facts before making statements like that.
I have checked my facts. give me an example of which ones I did not check....As for 7 states, there are actually 8 states, you overlooked Mississippi. I never made a mention of how many states do not allow write ins, I have said over and over, many states do not...I have lived in enough states and am involved in politics enough to be very much aware of voting trends...and voting laws, as well as turn out. That is why I made the comment about 2008...You probably need to re-read what I said.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNomad View Post
Will you vote for Obama if Romney is leading the polls in the week before the vote in November? I see it this way 4 more years of Obama is better than potentially 8 years of Romney. I will if I have to.
Never, nope, not gonna happen.

The fact anyone would vote for 4 more years of Barry is amazing. I suspect his 47% approval rating is directly tied to the 47% of people on the dole.

A question for all liberals, what will you do when you run out of other people's money?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have checked my facts. give me an example of which ones I did not check....As for 7 states, there are actually 8 states, you overlooked Mississippi. I never made a mention of how many states do not allow write ins, I have said over and over, many states do not...I have lived in enough states and am involved in politics enough to be very much aware of voting trends...and voting laws, as well as turn out. That is why I made the comment about 2008...You probably need to re-read what I said.

Nita

Please go back and read comments #54 and #55. The issue was addressed.

In your initial comment, you stated "many." You and I differ on what constitutes "many," I suppose. I don't think eight is that many and you must. Jeez, sorry!

What is it about these political threads? People seem to be so touchy about every little comment posted. Good grief, people. Lighten up!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Please go back and read comments #54 and #55. The issue was addressed.

In your initial comment, you stated "many." You and I differ on what constitutes "many," I suppose. I don't think eight is that many and you must. Jeez, sorry!

What is it about these political threads? People seem to be so touchy about every little comment posted. Good grief, people. Lighten up!
of course it was, but you made the comment prior to those postings: lighten up? Maybe we all need to and that's means youn as well. Many or some, yes, you are probably right, 8 is closer to some than many, but you talk about lightening up and yet you want to play with words and tell people to check their facts...As I said, maybe we all need to lighten up, don't you agree? or do you only think people who don't agree with you need to relax a little more?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Not sure what you're talking about but I agree with you about lightening up which is why I'm leaving the thread. I don't post comments to step on toes. If people don't like my comments, do as I do ... skip past them. I will heed my own advice and stay out of the political threads.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about but I agree with you about lightening up which is why I'm leaving the thread. I don't post comments to step on toes. If people don't like my comments, do as I do ... skip past them. I will heed my own advice and stay out of the political threads.
HOM,
I don't think it is just the Political threads, LOL. Good Luck with your action plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections