Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:14 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well yes.........where it was in 1955.Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your pov that isn't where 80-90% of republicans are in 2012.You can try and go back but i'm skeptical there will be any long term success in that regard.
Changing the makeup of the GOP, doesn't equal "going back".

LOL

Messy Mondays: You Are Not an Activist - YouTube!

Last edited by CDusr; 05-19-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 03:45 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,430,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Changing the makeup of the GOP, doesn't equal "going back".

LOL

Messy Mondays: You Are Not an Activist - YouTube!
Hmmm......maybe your argument would be better directed at wannabenomad.

As for your link,thats 4+ minutes of my life I can never get back and i'm not smart enough to understand its relevence to this topic but I thought the kid in it did a great impersonation of Kelso on 'that 70's show'.Ashton Kutcher better be on guard !

Old 05-19-2012, 04:09 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,087,809 times
Quote:
Propaganda much?
It's called participation. PEOPLE are participating.
Yes,in the sense that the current GOP establishment is also people. Your are right, anyone who believes anything is a person indeed.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:23 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,927,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Hmmm......maybe your argument would be better directed at wannabenomad.

As for your link,thats 4+ minutes of my life I can never get back and i'm not smart enough to understand its relevence to this topic but I thought the kid in it did a great impersonation of Kelso on 'that 70's show'.Ashton Kutcher better be on guard !
LOL. The YT wasn't necessarily directed at you. The relevancy was in regard to "real" people going out and actively participating.

This applies across the board, but RP supporters are having success by thoughtfully and strategically participating in the real world process with people. RP supporters video tape everything they can.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,430,740 times
Quote:
LOL. The YT wasn't necessarily directed at you. The relevancy was in regard to "real" people going out and actively participating.

This applies across the board, but RP supporters are having success by thoughtfully and strategically participating in the real world process with people. RP supporters video tape everything they can.
LOL,Yes it was pretty funny where they made fun of 'activists' whose activist activities are comprised of wearing t-shirts,signing internet petitions,making facebook posts,and patting themselves on the back.

There are a lot of people,across the religious/political/social issues spectrum,who fancy themselves to be some sort of rebel by merely yelling at people on the internet.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:27 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,810,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
See, herein lies the problem: this movement has failed to win the hearts of Republicans, save 5-15%. If they are taking over the establishment, then they themselves are now the establishment elites who don't care what the people think. The very people they've been decrying. Because the people have shown they don't want Ron Paul style Republicans. You can take over the establishment, but you will never suppress the people's voice!
We are taking over the party so that no candidate and his/her supporters gets marginalized, denigrated and insulted in the future, like we have been. We want to make sure that every voice is heard, even if it's a voice we don't agree with. We will treat everyone fairly even though we were not treated fairly ourselves. We will always follow the rules and won't cheat like the GOP. (Case in point - if we had cheated, we could have won many of the delegate battles we lost in many states, but we didn't.)

If you are the majority (80%-90%), then you have nothing to fear from us, because you can always organize in a similar manner, and get the party leadership back from us.

But if you are the real minority (10%-20%) who have been misleading the rest of the GOP (60%-80%) and taking them along with you for a ride, then you have everything to fear from us when we use the bully pulpit to preach small government, spending cuts, personal liberties, a non-interventionist foreign policy etc. Ya know, the things which conservatives believed in at some point in time in the distant past?

2 years, 4 years, from now, some of the old guard would have deceased, and will be organically replaced by the new generation of Ron Paul Republicans. This trend will accelerate as the average 87 year old GOPers continue to kick the buckets. I liken the current antics of the GOP to the childish tantrums of obstinate old people who refuse to change their die-hard habits, whom the younger members of the family understandingly tolerate because of deference to them.

Do you not see that WE are the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections