Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,152,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Please STOP the fantasy of portraying Bain Capital as the benevolent fixer of companies in trouble. It just isn't true. The only purpose of Bain Capital was to make money by any means possible. Please read Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital | Politics News | Rolling Stone - it probably give the best explanation of how Mitt's business worked.

Last I checked, Staples, Dominos, etc. pay close to minimum wage. These companies existed before Mitt got his hands on them. These jobs were not "created". Arguably, they may have been saved, but is this the kind of jobs we want....minimum wage jobs?

As far as the bullying incident, many victims are too ashamed to tell their families about the bullying. Or else there is no support from family members. The fact that the boy's sister had no knowledge of the incident, did not mean it didn't happen. Another fantasy concocted by Romney supporters to sweep this unpleasant incident under the rug.

Oh yeah, Rolling Stone, there's an unbiased source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,946,622 times
"I just don't LIKE Mitt Romney!"

Yours truly,
America

Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,213,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post

Yours truly,
America
"I just don't LIKE America!"

Yours truly,
Barack Obama

Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post

Yours truly,
America
I don't like a lot of people who have been in leadership positions, but I don't vote based on how much I like someone and for those who do: how sad is that?

Nita

Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,213,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
To tue op... I happen to LOVE Romney. Best Obama campaigner ever
LOL

That's the truth!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,038,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
Do you think Obama could have done a better job if the GOP had decided to work with the duly elected government to make America a better place by helping to fix the countries problems rather than sitting on their buts for 4 years doing nothing but obstructing and filibustering every thing the President was trying to do. You Really think these GOP layabouts have earned your vote?
They certainly havent earned my vote.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,213,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

That's the truth!
No it ain't.

The mainstream media is Obama's best campaigner.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,213,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Is this a joke? Mr. devout Christian and family man is out on the golf course every Sunday instead of in church or spending time with the girls.
Oh, gosh. How many times during his presidency did George Dubya actually set foot in a church? I seem to remember discussions about how he never (or rarely) actually attended church, but I don't remember those on the right ever questioning whether or not he was a christian.

There are probably a lot of reasons why a sitting president doesn't attend church services on a regular basis - such as security issues and perhaps not wanting to disrupt that hour for other worshipers.

Besides, I didn't think one had to attend church services to be a believer. I know many christians who don't attend church on a regular basis, but I never doubt their faith or think they are not what and who they say they are (unless their daily actions tell me otherwise).

And surely you have some credible source to back up your claim that President Obama is on the golf course every Sunday instead of spending the time with his daughters? Because if you can't back it up with a credible link, then you're lying.

Don't forget - you said "every Sunday" - so please prove it.

Quote:
And you believe this ..... why? Oh, right, because WAPO's unbiased smear piece is the only "character flaw" you can find in Romney's entire life. Family of Alleged Romney Bullying Victim Denies Knowledge of Incident
Yes, I actually DO believe this! There were five other young men (now grown and all professional types - one or two lawyers, a dentist, etc.) who say it happened.

And the fact that a boy, who is assaulted and HUMILIATED by six other boys, doesn't tell his family about what happened means NOTHING. NOTHING. I'll bet that any boy, struggling with who and what he was, who is HUMILIATED by a pack of other boys isn't going to go around telling his family, or anyone else, about it.

Jesus - I can't believe anyone can be so DUMB as to assume that just because he never told any family members about a TRAUMATIC and HUMILIATING incident that it must never have happened.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,709,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Barack Obama is not a "devout" Christian. Stop making things up.

His "controversial stance in an election year" is because it's an election year, not in spite of it being an election year.

I highly doubt you'll be voting for Mitt Romney. The slobber on your chin tells the story.

Yet again Aero shows the mindreading skills and fine interpersonal warmth that so often characterizes "devout" Christians. Why do the folks who do the most shouting about how reverent they are seem to be the furthest from the interpersonal model of Christ? And isn't it ironic that the militant Christian right have embodied the exact violently self-righteous attitudes of the guys who crucified Jesus?

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 09-26-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,029,445 times
There are lies, and then there atre damn lies. There are shallow mud puddles, then there are bottomless wells of shallowness.

I can't think of anything else to say. I'm just astounded at what 'social' media has brought forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections