Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Mitt's father was the President of a car company, as well as a governor.

Is this how you define middle class????
george romney was not president of AMC until 1954, and even then executives at AMC were no where near as well compensated as similar executives at the big 3 automakers. romney was probably upper middle class at best at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He didn't lay off people from his company, he laid off people from other companies that his company was hired to fix. He ended up turning around tons of companies and creating far, far more jobs than he cut. Take a look at companies like Staples, Dominos' Pizza, the Sports Authority, and Steel Dynamics, among many others, and see how many people they employ.
HE didn't do it alone. HE and his associates did it. HE is not responsible for establishing Bain & Co. HE was an employee. I don't think HE has the capabililty to come up with a solution to solve the financial problems that we are faced with, never mind run a country. What HE may know about is how to create more personal wealth for the wealthy.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I can't stand people who make promises to the People and then can't deliver! But has thousands of excuses why he can't.
He sort of reminds a friend of mine, not me of Mickey!
But Mickey is cute? And at least has a good personality. Likeable, likes everyone, treats everyone the same, can't say the same for Obama.
Economy still in the tank when election rolls around, think what you want, those many many many many Americans who lost jobs and homes under this administration, if they still cannot find work. They aint' voting for Obama.
His economy sucks, put the blame wherever, most of us know who is at fault.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.

Actualy , if your only making 45k a yr and are in a higher tax bracket then Romney you need to seek out a qualified accountant.

But as you said I dont like Romney but will probably still vote for him, just as about 54% of the voters also say.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Default I just don't LIKE Mitt Romney

There's no reason you should.

And unless you're a fellow multi-millionaire, Romney certainly doesn't like you. We "little people" just don't register with guys like him.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Mitt Romney is a privileged monomaniacal preppie that enjoys destroying anything and everything.

Along with the OP and many others I do not like him and would not want to meet him under any conditions.

His Presidency would be an unMITTagated disaster for 95% of the American people

Old 05-22-2012, 06:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Barack Obama is not a "devout" Christian. Stop making things up.

His "controversial stance in an election year" is because it's an election year, not in spite of it being an election year.

I highly doubt you'll be voting for Mitt Romney. The slobber on your chin tells the story.
As the foam in your mouth personifies the right's love for ChickenS**T ChickenHawks.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You are not alone, most people, even conservatives don't like him.

Mr. Millionaire Cardboard cutout who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth has as much charisma as a pile of rocks.
So your vote is based on alleged charisma? Got it............move along.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Mitt Romney is a privileged monomaniacal preppie that enjoys destroying anything and everything.

Along with the OP and many others I do not like him and would not want to meet him under any conditions.

His Presidency would be an unMITTagated disaster for 95% of the American people

Of course you wouldn't.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
I don't like Romney either, but between him and Obama, (Who has already admitted to being a bully, using drugs etc etc, while the bully thing was already debunked about Romney), Romney is the tallest pygmy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections