Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Mitt Romney seems like an outstanding family man, a devoted Morman, a faithful husband, a proven businessman who is not afraid to take his track record of creating jobs and turning the Olympics around into the presidential race, and is overall a nice, honest and classy guy who won't condone ads about Wright.

Obama was a bully who pushed kids around, an admitted druggie and coke head. In his adult life, he's never held a job in a real business, couldn't get elected to public office until he played dirty. He voted "present" most of his time in office, showing a complete lack of conviction, laziness and ignorance of the issues being voted on. His policies have caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, their homes and their healthcare.

I would NEVER vote for Obama - his progressive vision of our country is sickening.

And for the record, Romney didn't finagle anything with regards to taxes. He in fact would pay in a higher bracket than you do on his income. His taxes are lower on capital gains, as would your's be. You are free to finagle your way into that tax bracket if you choose. If you're going to make inflammatory accusations, you might want to get your facts straight first.

Romney is going to win the debates easily and I think he will coast to victory after that....

I think he really wants to serve this country and it will be good for everyone.

The main difference is I think Obama cares he just doesnt know what to do to fix anthing. Romney cares and he knows what to do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Another Romney trolls he does not give a rats about anybody that does not fall into the 1% to 3% he has stated it many times I am not posting the same video clip for the 5th time

Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
I think many might question how good a Christian Obama really is, many feel he is a Muslim. I am not criticizing him for that, if it is true, but I certainly would not refer to him as a good Christian, a good family man, yes, but so is Romney. Bullying is not a good thing regardless, but what did you do in high school you might not be proud of admitting? I certainly do not want to think about some of the things I did. As for his laying people off? Yes, but remember his job was to save and/or turn around companies, sometimes this means getting rid of employees, like it or not. What good does it do to keep the employees if the company is going to go under..My husband has been layed off twice because of company cut backs, it is life and you live with it. I was demoted for the same reason and our daughter, who was a VP with 32 years with a company got chopped last year. In none to these cases did we blame the company.

Oh, and you talk about Obama taking a stand and being a nice guy? Holy cow, you can't really be serious about that? He is anything but...in my opinion.

Saying that, I am not crazy over Romney either, but I will support him. He is the only choice we have at this stage..

Nita

Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
many feel he is a Muslim.

Nita

Those must be the same folks who insist that Bush planned the 9/11 attacks.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,724 times
I don't know Romney personally, so I couldn't say that I like or dislike him.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:00 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
I would vote for romney, but besides having the wrong skin color, i haven't made partner at my firm yet. I have about another 12 years to go, so basically I would be screwed under him right now.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:01 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Romney is going to win the debates easily and I think he will coast to victory after that....

The main difference is I think Obama cares he just doesnt know what to do to fix anthing. Romney cares and he knows what to do....
I really would love to have whatever you are smoking or drinking.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

Please stay tuned for further developments.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
Serious food for thought:

Who Is Barack Obama? - Michael Gledhill - National Review Online

Dreams is a complex, introspective book. Its theme is how Obama, born in Hawaii to a white student mother and Kenyan student father, grows to view himself and the white society around him. The Obama of Dreams abandons his multiracial roots to forge an alienated black identity — that of a man steeped in radical ideology who views history in terms of a huge chasm separating oppressor from oppressed, white from black, and rich from poor; a man who is never more emotionally at home than when sitting in the church pew listening to Rev. Jeremiah Wright rant about white racism....

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Mitt Romney seems like an outstanding family man, a devoted Morman, a faithful husband, a proven businessman who is not afraid to take his track record of creating jobs and turning the Olympics around into the presidential race, and is overall a nice, honest and classy guy who won't condone ads about Wright.

Obama was a bully who pushed kids around, an admitted druggie and coke head. In his adult life, he's never held a job in a real business, couldn't get elected to public office until he played dirty. He voted "present" most of his time in office, showing a complete lack of conviction, laziness and ignorance of the issues being voted on. His policies have caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, their homes and their healthcare.

I would NEVER vote for Obama - his progressive vision of our country is sickening.

And for the record, Romney didn't finagle anything with regards to taxes. He in fact would pay in a higher bracket than you do on his income. His taxes are lower on capital gains, as would your's be. You are free to finagle your way into that tax bracket if you choose. If you're going to make inflammatory accusations, you might want to get your facts straight first.
Great speech.

And 100% correct. On all counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections