Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
President Obama is kicking Mitt Romney's ass in the electoral college. Obama's path to 270 is much, much easier and allows for the president to take several paths to get to that magic number. Romney will have a very tough time getting 270. Even states Romney should have no trouble winning are in play, even if Obama is a heavy underdog.

Take a look at these three maps:

270towin.com (Obama 255, Romney 161, Tossup 122):
http://www.270towin.com/2012-election-polling-map/obama-romney/

RealClearPolitics (Obama 243, Romney 170, Tossup 125):
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Pollster (Obama 284, Romney 170, Tossup 84):
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

This could end up looking a lot like 2008, where McCain and Obama were relatively close in the national vote, but Obama crushed McCain in the Electoral College.
The reality is with the exception of Texas the Democrats control most of the states with the large electoral votes. As long as that's the case it's easier for a Democratic Presidential candidate to win an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He did not. The economy stabalized before Obama was able to pass 1 piece of legislation. Its been stagnate ever since.

BS, when they cut the tax rates, revenues climbed, why on gods earth are you expecting the same thing to happen if you do the opposite?
The economy has not stagnated it's grown.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
1)I'm still waiting for you to tell me how the spending from the stimulus bill, boosted employment BEFORE IT WAS EVEN SPENT! Where did the money come from in order to spend it? Tell me why the CBO projects NEGATIVE growth in the GDP beginning in 2015 due to the stimulus bill.

2)How long do I need to wait for you to actually respond factually to something? I have great fear my children will be married first.
I'll answer 2 first. Some of us have lives. I can't be there every moment to answer you.

1) I have no idea what you are writing about. I never claimed "the stimulus bill, boosted employment BEFORE IT WAS EVEN SPENT."

Old 05-22-2012, 04:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Mr. Obama is the President of the United States and for at least that reason you should capitalize his name.

You sound just like that goofy teacher who just got suspended. Her 'with pay' probably won't last long.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I have a hard time believing Obama will win NC, SC, AZ, and MO. It could easily come down to VA and FL.
He doesn't even NEED NC, SC, AZ, and MO.

There five key states in this election, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina.

I will concede that North Carolina is probably gone. As long as President Obama wins three out of the four other states he wins the election.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM

I think trying to predict the outcome of a Presidential race six months before the election is mere mental masturbation.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Mr. Obama is the President of the United States and for at least that reason you should capitalize his name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You sound just like that goofy teacher who just got suspended. Her 'with pay' probably won't last long.
I don't understand your meaning.

I'm a civilized person and civilized people respect established decorum. One of those standards is that one refers to a head of state with respect and not disrespect them by neglecting to capitalize their name. (Every proper nouns deserve capitalization, btw.)

I wish everyone had the same sense of decorum.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Newsflash: The community organizer is NOT my president.

He's not worthy.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Where the hell do you think the money came from in order for Obama to spend it, if not
A) by taking it out of the economy or
B) devaluing the dollar

You are the one ignoring the laws of economics, because simply boosting the GDP doesnt equate to jobs.
Well it's universally agreed by economist that no boosting the GDP cost jobs.

Also more likely than not boosting GDP boost aggregate demand which means higher levels of production. Historically that tends to lead to higher levels of employment.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Newsflash: The community organizer is NOT my president.

He's not worthy.
The American people elected him your personal opinion which you have the right to express is irrelevant in the matter.

I guess you must have renounced your citizenship. Barack Obama is President of the United States. The only way he's not your president is of course you are no longer an American citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections