Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,163 times

Advertisements

romney may be a mexichurian candidate! interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
romney may be a mexichurian candidate! interesting...
Well no, at least not to those who learned how to read in school. YMMV

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM

Default Fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Ah, yes, CDR Kerchner--birther extraordinaire. How many of his lawsuits against Obama been thrown out of court for lack of merit now? Such a credible, objective source.

And none of it matters. Obama, like every president before him, doesn't need a similar geneological research document. He has the verification of the state he was born in. That's all he needs.

Instead of discrediting the source why don't you discredit the geneologyprovided in the document provided at the link and the Naturalization Act of 1940, if you can. You see, screaming "birther" gives you no credible footing unless you can disprove that which I have submitted in this thread about Mitt Romney's natural born citizenship status.

Clue: I'm not even a Romney backer but the evidence is overwhelmingly against the OP's claims.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Instead of discrediting the source why don't you discredit the geneologyprovided in the document provided at the link and the Naturalization Act of 1940, if you can. You see, screaming "birther" gives you no credible footing unless you can disprove that which I have submitted in this thread about Mitt Romney's natural born citizenship status.

Clue: I'm not even a Romney backer but the evidence is overwhelmingly against the OP's claims.
I was actually laughing at your source, not discrediting him. He doesn't need my help there. He's a well-known birther with a string of failed lawsuits against Obama, so I found it funny that he is being cited as your source.

But once I got past my mirth, I did actually answer the rest of your post in the second paragraph of my response. I never disputed that Romney was qualified. I know that he is. But neither does Obama need to provide a genealogy timeline because you say that he does. The state of Hawaii has verified his birth records, providing--to use your own words--overwhelming evidence that he is eligible.

And yes, you are a birther if you continue to push the meme that he is not.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
..........And yes, you are a birther if you continue to push the meme that he is not.
Fact is, no one is really certain. Some choose to believe documents which may be fogeries, others are skeptical since this POTUS, like no other, has paid to hide his personal records. I take nothing on faith presented by our federal government or those with something to gain. YMMV

Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Fact is, no one is really certain. Some choose to believe documents which may be fogeries, others are skeptical since this POTUS, like no other, has paid to hide his personal records. I take nothing on faith presented by our federal government or those with something to gain. YMMV
All of these are birther talking points. Why would you say some "choose to believe documents which may be forgeries" when the State of Hawaii has confirmed them to be valid? Is the state of Hawaii lying? Did the Republican governor lie to protect Obama? Why? What would she have to gain? Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds? The "fact" is that only birthers are uncertain. The rest of us understand what a "fact" is.

Show me evidence of where Obama has "paid to hide his personal records." You can't, because the fact is that he is merely protected by the same laws that protect everyone's personal information--YOURS INCLUDED.

You claim not to be a birther, but you spout all of the talking points. If it walks like a duck...

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-23-2012 at 11:15 AM..

Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM

256 posts, read 207,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, only to the lefty Democrats is this about race.
So where are the lawsuits,etc against Romney's eligibility?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
To me, this is the point of the whole thread. I have read the many birther posts here on CD and they are amusing and entertaining, but it is funny that when the tables are turned the birthers see the idiocy of their own arguments.

In regards to this posts LOL! There is no difference between this situation and where Obama was born. It has been proven multiple times that Obama was born in HI. After he submitted his long form BC, then you birthers started saying he wasn't "natural born" because his father was not an American citizen, yet you are willing to accept that Romney's father was not an American citizen, I also think because he is white and is a Republican. It is the same thing but you keep trying to convince yourself. And the bold above made me laugh the freak out loud!!! Now you have to be a certain age to have a kid qualify as an American citizen. I guess I'm lucky my dad is a citizen since my mom had me at 17 LOL!
If your father had been the citizen of another country and your mother had you somewhere outside the United States and she was not 20 years old, you would have either become the citizen of your father's country or your parents would have had to apply for you to be a citizen of the United States. All you have to do is google American citizenship to see exactly what I just stated. I found this when I was searching for myself when everybody was questioning Obama's citizenship. I was not able to find conclusive evidence for Obama's citizenship either way. It is still a question to me.

I am convinced half the people on city-data do not know how to read. If you don't believe what I said about the American citizenship of a foreign born baby, you need to go to the information on American citizenship. That's where I found the information. If you don't like it I am not to blame for it. I just read what the rules are. (or was before the last election.)

Of course this rule could be changed now. I have noticed in the past two years some information on that website has changed. A parent used to be able to give up a child's citizenship in order to get citizenship in another country, since some countries do not allow dual citizenship. I wish I had a copy from the first time I visited the website so I could prove the change. Now it says that no parent can give up a minor childs citizenship. I found that very interesting.

Also I heard on the news about a lawsuit about Obama's citizenship when the judge asked the lawyer for Obama if the online birth certificate was the proof of his citizenship. The lawyer said she did not want to put that certificate into evidence. Then something happend and the case was no more, AGAIN. You say the proof has been given and I am waiting. Where is it? I have neither seen or heard of anyone else seeing the long form. I am not saying it is not there, but I will not believe it without a court verifying it is valid.

I think both political parties need to vet their candidates better and I would like to see a new law enacted that says the proof of Natural Born must be displayed at the White House for everyone to see. These people publish their tax forms which I think should not be necessary. A person's personal wealth and donations should not be required to be the president. How much the presidental candidates make and their personal finances should be their business only.

I do think it is important for everybody that wants to see to be able to see that the person living in the White House has the Natural Born status necessary to qualify for that office.

You are also wrong about me wanting both to have to prove their natural born status. I make no difference between the parties on this issue. It is a legal requirement for the office. It has nothing to do with which political party the person is running with.

Last edited by NCN; 05-23-2012 at 03:51 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mitt's mother was born here so Mitt would qualify, period, for the POTUS.

George. his dad TRIED to run in 1968 but may have been disqualified had he won the Repub nomination since he was born in Mexico and both of his parents were born there too. Yes; Mitt is a Hispanic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It won't mean a thing cause Mitt was born in the US and his mom was def a native born American.
That has been the argument about Obama all along. The birthers disagree. Don't you see that? This is sarcasm.

Quote:
No, Obamabots have to throw cr*p about Romney because Obama cannot be re-elected based on his record, failed policies, and .........the ECONOMY!

For those still tempted to peek out from under their bridges, I suggest they read the following before posting and proving themselves fools:

Ancestry-Ahentafel Genealogy Chart & Citizenship Status of Mitt Romney - by CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret)

Now, where is the similar geneological research document for Obama?

You really do not understand sarcasm, do you?

It's truly funny to see all these RWs get so het up about this.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If your father had been the citizen of another country and your mother had you somewhere outside the United States and she was not 20 years old, you would have either become the citizen of your father's country or your parents would have had to apply for you to be a citizen of the United States. All you have to do is google American citizenship to see exactly what I just stated. I found this when I was searching for myself when everybody was questioning Obama's citizenship. I was not able to find conclusive evidence for Obama's citizenship either way. It is still a question to me.

I am convinced half the people on city-data do not know how to read. If you don't believe what I said about the American citizenship of a foreign born baby, you need to go to the information on American citizenship. That's where I found the information. If you don't like it I am not to blame for it. I just read what the rules are. (or was before the last election.)

Of course this rule could be changed now. I have noticed in the past two years some information on that website has changed. A parent used to be able to give up a child's citizenship in order to get citizenship in another country, since some countries do not allow dual citizenship. I wish I had a copy from the first time I visited the website so I could prove the change. Now it says that no parent can give up a minor childs citizenship. I found that very interesting.

Also I heard on the news about a lawsuit about Obama's citizenship when the judge asked the lawyer for Obama if the online birth certificate was the proof of his citizenship. The lawyer said she did not want to put that certificate into evidence. Then something happend and the case was no more, AGAIN. You say the proof has been given and I am waiting. Where is it? I have neither seen or heard of anyone else seeing the long form. I am not saying it is not there, but I will not believe it without a court verifying it is valid.

I think both political parties need to vet their candidates better and I would like to see a new law enacted that says the proof of Natural Born must be displayed at the White House for everyone to see. These people publish their tax forms which I think should not be necessary. A person's personal wealth and donations should not be required to be the president. How much the presidental candidates make and their personal finances should be their business only.

I do think it is important for everybody that wants to see to be able to see that the person living in the White House has the Natural Born status necessary to qualify for that office.

You are also wrong about me wanting both to have to prove their natural born status. I make no difference between the parties on this issue. It is a legal requirement for the office. It has nothing to do with which political party the person is running with.
Re: the paragraphs in bold:

You are misinterpreting the law that was in effect when Obama was born. It was changed a few years later. That law said that the US born parent had to have lived in the US for five years after age 14, something Obama's mother could not fulfil b/c she had not lived anywhere for five years after age 14. However, it could be a 40 yo father who was the American citizen, and the same criteria would have applied (five years after age 14).

This was not the law just prior to the 2008 election. The law was changed sometime in the 1960s, I believe. You can certainly do a search here on CD; it's been posted many times over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections