Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

I get it now... Romney only has 200 to go. Ya, that's it.

Carry out the plan that was started and working well. Just keep it on the down-low.
I'm sure we will see a concession speech very soon from Dr. Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sure we will see a concession speech very soon from Dr. Paul.
I'll be more interested to see your concession speech when Romney accepts the nomination explaining how you had things figured out so wrong, although I'm sure we'll just get another nonsensical "liberty is bound by freedom's boundaries" or some other quixotic but absolutely inapplicable non-reply.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'll be more interested to see your concession speech when Romney accepts the nomination explaining how you had things figured out so wrong, although I'm sure we'll just get another nonsensical "liberty is bound by freedom's boundaries" or some other quixotic but absolutely inapplicable non-reply.

You have some weird things happening in your mind... but I'm not running for the opportunity to take on Obama in the general elections.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Don't worry, the multi-synaptic posters understood what I meant you just keep on preaching freedom and looking forward to Ron Paul's glorious achievements upcoming in Tampa.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:05 PM

473 posts, read 400,145 times
After the Texas primary which is proportional... Romney will not make 1144 delegates for the convention... It's all over when the second ballot is cast... Ron Paul will be the nominee at the convention in Tampa...

The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses

http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...mary-schedule/

Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course they are bound to popular vote. If a candidate wins the primary, the delegates can't just go in and vote against what the state has said. I think people need to stop reading into these articles what they want to read...I don't know if I will be happy or sad when the convention is over and Paul is no longer an issue. Some of the fun will be missing, I can say that much.
Yes they can. If the popular vote determined the winners of an election, why would they even bother with delegates? There would be no need for them!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
You still do not seem to understand how the delegate process works... Dr. Ron Paul wouldn't be in the race at this point if he wasn't going to win...

Obomney's delegate count is staying flat as Ron Paul's delegate count is steadily going up...

The Real 2012 Delegate Count for the Republican Primaries & Caucuses

Not only that but according to the map, the Romney only has 492 half of which are probably Ron Paul people and there are nearly 1400 delegates still to be decided. It looks like Romney has his work cut out for him. Actually, I don't think he even wants to win that badly. He's certainly not very passionate about changing the country if he ever was elected.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 PM

473 posts, read 400,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Not only that but according to the map, the Romney only has 492 half of which are probably Ron Paul people and there are nearly 1400 delegates still to be decided. It looks like Romney has his work cut out for him. Actually, I don't think he even wants to win that badly. He's certainly not very passionate about changing the country if he ever was elected.
Also, after the Texas primary which is proportional... It will be mathematically impossible for Romney to make 1144 delegates... The second ballot will take place for sure... The Ron Paul campaign knows this...

Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Run View Post
Also, after the Texas primary which is proportional... It will be mathematically impossible for Romney to make 1144 delegates... The second ballot will take place for sure... The Ron Paul campaign knows this...

Shhhhhh! Not too loud.

We want them to think Mitt only needs 200 more.
It will make it that much easier at state conventions, to storm them and take all the delegates and expose the corruption of the establishment.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 PM

Thanks for keeping up with this Born to Run. Great thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections