U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2012, 03:03 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,566,494 times

Advertisements

Salon is featuring an article entitled "Obama the Warrior" and also makes reference to two current articles appearing in Foreign Policy magazine and the New York Times. Defense, national security and going after the terrorists isn't going to be things the GOP can attack the hawkish President on. That's my thinking.

Obama the Warrior - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 PM

17,230 posts, read 5,248,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Salon is featuring an article entitled "Obama the Warrior" and also makes reference to two current articles appearing in Foreign Policy magazine and the New York Times. Defense, national security and going after the terrorists isn't going to be things the GOP can attack the hawkish President on. That's my thinking.

Obama the Warrior - Salon.com
The vast majority of Republicans will not even try. Now that fringe group of Paul supporters believes anyone not like themselves is a warmonger might give it a go, but then again they are so small a group they really do not count on the National sceen.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The vast majority of Republicans will not even try.
I think it's one of the Romney campaign attacks on the President. That the nation would be safer with Mitt Romney as President. Bigger military. More battlefields. They seem to have a circle-the-wagons mentality requiring the USA to strike-out at others who don't share their "values."

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM

23,638 posts, read 6,546,632 times
If a GOP president came out with a policy stating that they legally could kill American citizens without due process the left would be in a tizzy.

I do not understand how water boarding can be so horrid but simply targeting one for death is fine.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM

17,230 posts, read 5,248,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If a GOP president came out with a policy stating that they legally could kill American citizens without due process the left would be in a tizzy.

I do not understand how water boarding can be so horrid but simply targeting one for death is fine.
He was a self proclaimed terrorist and they were living in Yemen terrorist held territory where most of their planning has taking place, the evidence against him was overwhelming and well documented, so do not go acting as if they simply picked someone off the street and killed them, that was nothing of the sort.
So, to you wateboarding someone over a hundred times is not torture, really? Care for a go at it, how about your wife or daughter, still not torture? Honorable Men Do Not Torture Their Prsioners, Period.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM

23,638 posts, read 6,546,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He was a self proclaimed terrorist and they were living in Yemen terrorist held territory where most of their planning has taking place, the evidence against him was overwhelming and well documented, so do not go acting as if they simply picked someone off the street and killed them, that was nothing of the sort.
All irrelevant to the simple fact that he was an American citizen with Constitutional granted rights. There were other options. He could have been tried in absentia.

Bush argued that the torture was used because these were self proclaimed terrorists with knowledge of plots to kill American citizens.

You have failed to explain the difference to me.

Quote:
So, to you wateboarding someone over a hundred times is not torture, really? Care for a go at it, how about your wife or daughter, still not torture? Honorable Men Do Not Torture Their Prsioners, Period.
No, it is torture. Honorable men also do not simply state that they trump the Constitution.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM

2,450 posts, read 2,090,857 times
Should be titled obama the fairy princess.. Him being a warrior is laughable. His wife is more of a man than that corrupt coward will ever be...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 AM

Listening to Mitt Romney recently, I was reminded of how strong President Obama has been on national security, and how weak I believe a President Romeny would be.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

1,299 posts, read 789,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Listening to Mitt Romney recently, I was reminded of how strong President Obama has been on national security, and how weak I believe a President Romeny would be.
Obama has been incredibly strong on national security - probably the best this country has had since Reagan. I don't agree with everything he has done, but there's very little the right any attack him on there without coming across as two-faced.

Wait... they are.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

12,919 posts, read 8,436,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

And the right would be ok with it and see him as a hero and an American Patriot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections