Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"The national patriot: commentary from the right side of politics" No thank you.
Agreed. I prefer objective sources like the Huffington Post. I think you posted a link from them a few threads back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
I don't understand. Conservatives complain that liberals voted in someone popular and unqualifed, and ***** about his celebrity status, and this plan you post, Roy, is to hire a bunch of popular, unqualified political celebrities.

Business as usual.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Agreed. I prefer objective sources like the Huffington Post. I think you posted a link from them a few threads back.
HuffPo is certainly left-leaning, but the degree by which most "liberal" media outlets take their politicism, and the level by which the right-wing take their politicism, are entirely different.

There is a gradient to the left-wing. Lots of moderates and plenty of extremes. Most liberals don't have unified beliefs. You'll find lots that are pro-life and pro-gun-rights, but want universal health care, accept gay marriage, and particularly religious.

The modern right-wing party has been walking right and kept walking. There are no "moderate" republicans. When is the last time you saw a socially liberal conservative, a definitive moderate republican? Name a pro-choice, gun-control Republican who rejects gay marriage and isn't religious. You don't see things like that. Independents have fled the Republican party and conservative groups because religion has hikacked the Republican party and turned it into a theocratic nightmare.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now that Romney has been nominated it may be time for him to consider a way to put Obama and crowd in a deep hole. This strategy probably would work very well. I can see Axelrod's face if this strategy were to be used to defeat Obama. Compare some of these people to the people Obama has, like maybe TurboTax Timmy. Bolton to replace the present Secretary of State and Alan West to replace old Foot in Mouth Joe.

thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » Screw Business as Usual…A Fire and Brimstone Strategy

Who nominated Mitt Romney?
I have not had my say in Tampa yet. Heck, I have not had my say in Ft. Worth yet.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Now that Romney has been nominated it may be time for him to consider a way to put Obama and crowd in a deep hole. This strategy probably would work very well. I can see Axelrod's face if this strategy were to be used to defeat Obama. Compare some of these people to the people Obama has, like maybe TurboTax Timmy. Bolton to replace the present Secretary of State and Alan West to replace old Foot in Mouth Joe.

thenationalpatriot.com » Blog Archive » Screw Business as Usual…A Fire and Brimstone Strategy
Nominated for what? The King of Hell?

Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:

I'm not sure if tipping his hand about a conservative dream team would help him get elected.
I find it interesting how people will comment on your thread without even considering scanning your link. We are dealing with some really close minded/ignorant folks.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Instead of giving the undecided voters one person, Mitt Romney, that some may not like, this plan offers only the most divisive people of the bunch.

Voters may go for Mitt, but may dislike West intensely, and we all know how divisive Palin was. Add Bolton, the most divisive of any UN representative, a position that isn't very divisive very often, and you have multiple choices that are bound to turn a massive amount of voters off.

The plan may be popular with Republicans, but it must be remembered that the Republican party is no longer the one most voters associate with. The Big Middle is sick and tired of the division that has been going on for the past 4 years and wants to see more moderation on the Hill.

This is not a divide and conquer election. This is a divide and fall on your butt for the next 20 years election. Get real. You have a candidate who a very vocal part of the party wants to deny his nomination. This plan is a good one for turning what could be a tight election into an overwhelming Democratic landslide.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I'm not sure if tipping his hand about a conservative dream team would help him get elected.
I find it interesting how people will comment on your thread without even considering scanning your link. We are dealing with some really close minded/ignorant folks.
I have to agree with you about what we are dealing with here. Of course, some of them know exactly what is in the link since it came from me and a right leaning blog. I have recently started reading the man who wrote the article and find I really like most of his suggestions.

The part I dislike most is that these people all have their opinions and are glad to voice them when they don't even know what the real topic of the thread is. One of them constantly steals threads with violations of the TOS and gets by with it. I am about to tire from this from that one enough to just get the hell out of here and leave the whole thing to the whining left leaners.

Oh well, one or two of the respondents seem to have at least read some of the link although not one of them read enough to get to the person that I am sure most of them would have gone out of their minds about.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Instead of giving the undecided voters one person, Mitt Romney, that some may not like, this plan offers only the most divisive people of the bunch.

Voters may go for Mitt, but may dislike West intensely, and we all know how divisive Palin was. Add Bolton, the most divisive of any UN representative, a position that isn't very divisive very often, and you have multiple choices that are bound to turn a massive amount of voters off.

The plan may be popular with Republicans, but it must be remembered that the Republican party is no longer the one most voters associate with. The Big Middle is sick and tired of the division that has been going on for the past 4 years and wants to see more moderation on the Hill.

This is not a divide and conquer election. This is a divide and fall on your butt for the next 20 years election. Get real. You have a candidate who a very vocal part of the party wants to deny his nomination. This plan is a good one for turning what could be a tight election into an overwhelming Democratic landslide.
Romney is the establishment man so will have plenty of support from the party although many of us really would rather have some others still in the race. He is the only one who survived the Democrat raids from the early days of the party campaign. I really am convinced that many of those who dropped out did so because of information floated by the Dems and picked up by the others in the race.

Now, as for Palin, I really think she could do a better job of running Energy than Chu since he is an environmentalist and is so wanting to push Cap and Trade for his boss. It may be too late to get rid of him over just the oil question and I am sure I know what Palin would push for. I am also sure that Paling may try to protect us from the destruction of the nation pushed by the EPA.

This voter would much prefer West over Biden and sure would prefer replacing Obama before he destroys the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections