Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times

Advertisements

Sweet, I get a two for one smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I LOVE Condi Rice. Class....intelligence...common sense. I agree...a perfect VP candidate. Whith her knowledge ofd foreign affairs, she would be a true asset to a Romney administration...not a bumbling embarrassment like biden has been.
Can she do fundraising? No. Energize the base? No. Experience at televised debate? No. Even run for political office before? No Charismatic? Not really. Good attack dog? No

She'd be a horrible choice. You don't put someone who's never held an elected office as the VP candidate. No doubt Biden is an often embarrassment, but he's also qualified, has held office, can be a good fundraiser, experienced debater and a slew of ties inside of the party.

He was a good neutral pick. Mitt is a smart guy and he'll do much better than Rice. She's got a lot of good qualities. The ability to be a good VP is not one of them.

Quote:
The content of your post shows that you really have no clue what you are talking about.
Not long ago you posted that Obama passed TARP. You're not qualified to tel someone that they don't know what they're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That when it was Ms. Rice's goddamn job to come up with a recommendation on her (supposedly) specific area of expertise, her decision turned out to have - shall we say, a less than successful outcome?

Perhaps - just perhaps - that should've led to a re-assessment of her decision-making capabilities overall.
Oh...I see...so the secretary of state's duties...or at least ONE of them...is to assess the gathered intelligence from not only OUR agencies....but the agencies from other nations and then make a recommendation to the president?? is that actually what you are saying??

Tell me....do you actually KNOW what a secretary of state does? Because it is quite clear from what you said here that you genuinely haven't a clue. (You) --->

I suggest a crash course on the roles of government officials before you open mouth and insert foot in the future.

Thanks for playing...you are dismissed.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:11 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Sweet, I get a two for one smackdown...

Can she do fundraising? No. Energize the base? No. Experience at televised debate? No. Even run for political office before? No Charismatic? Not really. Good attack dog? No

She'd be a horrible choice. You don't put someone who's never held an elected office as the VP candidate. No doubt Biden is an often embarrassment, but he's also qualified, has held office, can be a good fundraiser, experienced debater and a slew of ties inside of the party.

He was a good neutral pick. Mitt is a smart guy and he'll do much better than Rice. She's got a lot of good qualities. The ability to be a good VP is not one of them.

Last I knew you picked a vp for the main reason that in case the president failed to complete his or her term, there was a valid and capable person to finish that term at a high capacity.

The characteristics that you lay out are politics as usual. No care about what is best for the country...just who can raise the most $$...or who would be a good 'attack dog'.

As for biden being qualified? he would be just as...if not even more...ineffective as obama. basically a 3RD jimmy carter. Useless...and bad for this country. But leave it to you to claim that he would be effective and capable. HAHAHAHA!!! unbelievable. Condi Rice would be MORE than capable of running this government. My God...she certainly has more world experience than the clown who was elected in 2008!! And I DARE you to say that is not true!!

'he was a good neutral pick'.....BIDEN?? That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have read in some time here. Congratulations. And based on that statement, I AM qualified to tell YOU that you don't know what you are talking about. Biden... what a friggin' joke.

Quote:
Not long ago you posted that Obama passed TARP. You're not qualified to tel someone that they don't know what they're talking about.
No...actually I said that obama was responsible for the stimulus package, and you argued that it was BUSH who did that. When in fact, it is obama who is responsible for the $787 BILLION stimulus package known as the Economic Recovery Act...and Bush who was responsible for the bank bailouts or TARP.

You either misunderstood, or I simply did not clarify enough for you to understand what I was saying...and who knows...I may have said bailout in reference to obama's part in all of it. Whatever....I was referring to the stimulus package which he signed in february of his first year.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Wow.

I'm shocked.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Default Condescension works better when you're informed, Tall_Rep

Quote:
Oh...I see...so the secretary of state's duties...or at least ONE of them...is to assess the gathered intelligence from not only OUR agencies....but the agencies from other nations and then make a recommendation to the president?? is that actually what you are saying??

Tell me....do you actually KNOW what a secretary of state does? Because it is quite clear from what you said here that you genuinely haven't a clue. (You) --->

I suggest a crash course on the roles of government officials before you open mouth and insert foot in the future.

Thanks for playing...you are dismissed.
Oooh, you sure showed me. Well, you would have, if not for a tiny detail.

You see, and this is kind of important, Ms. Rice wasn't Secretary of State until 2005. In 2003 - which, for those having a hard time with recent history, is when she spoke on the necessity of an Iraq invasion - she was the National Security Advisor. Whose duties very much include assessing intelligence and building a threat picture.

As for the rest of your comments, well...

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She should be Mitt's VP.
I agree 100%. I hope it happens.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Tell me....do you actually KNOW what a secretary of state does?
Judging from the present one, it's about going around the world promoting gay rights.

Last edited by Bideshi; 06-01-2012 at 05:02 AM..

Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Last I knew you picked a vp for the main reason that in case the president failed to complete his or her term, there was a valid and capable person to finish that term at a high capacity.

The characteristics that you lay out are politics as usual. No care about what is best for the country...just who can raise the most $$...or who would be a good 'attack dog'.

As for biden being qualified? he would be just as...if not even more...ineffective as obama. basically a 3RD jimmy carter. Useless...and bad for this country. But leave it to you to claim that he would be effective and capable. HAHAHAHA!!! unbelievable. Condi Rice would be MORE than capable of running this government. My God...she certainly has more world experience than the clown who was elected in 2008!! And I DARE you to say that is not true!!

'he was a good neutral pick'.....BIDEN?? That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have read in some time here. Congratulations. And based on that statement, I AM qualified to tell YOU that you don't know what you are talking about. Biden... what a friggin' joke.

No...actually I said that obama was responsible for the stimulus package, and you argued that it was BUSH who did that. When in fact, it is obama who is responsible for the $787 BILLION stimulus package known as the Economic Recovery Act...and Bush who was responsible for the bank bailouts or TARP.

You either misunderstood, or I simply did not clarify enough for you to understand what I was saying...and who knows...I may have said bailout in reference to obama's part in all of it. Whatever....I was referring to the stimulus package which he signed in february of his first year.
Yes, the base test of a VP candidate is can they step in to hold the office. That's why Palin was a horrible pick. I didn't anywhere in my post say that. I think you're trying to dream up things I didn't say here to try to protect your silly point.

Rice has held not a single elected office. She's thus not qualified to do the basic job being President.

To boot, typically, people pick a VP who brings more than that to the table. For instance, Cheney brought foreign policy experience, a ton of connections, he acted as a good attack dog, was a good debater and could fund raise. That's why W made an excellent choice in him. The outcome of their rule was pretty horrible, but it was an excellent choice.

Biden was a good choice. He's easily controlled, doesn't have a lot of baggage, brought excellent foreign policy experience and was generally deemed a solid pick by political scientists. You know, those people who write the books that you don't read.

In terms of your TARP argument, that's a straight up lie. You said that Obama passed TARP. We were talking about TARP specifically. You said he passed it. W signed it into law. Your little comments around here that others are clueless is sort of funny given that by your own words, you've proven yourself to be the same.

Don't worry, I won't ever stop calling you out on the subject.

Quote:
I agree 100%. I hope it happens.
Most ardent Democrats do as well.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Question Condi as veep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Condoleezza Rice Endorses Romney Citing His Leadership - Bloomberg

What an impressive woman she is. Her record of service to the country and her foreign affairs knowledge makes her a perfect VP candidate....but I don't think she is interested.

THIS woman should be the ultimate role model for the black community.....but as is usually the case, conservative, accomplished black women are shunned and mocked.

Isn't she pro-choice?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Ah, pro choice Republican supporting former/current/god only knows on choice Republican. I'll have to stick my finger in the wind to check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections