Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
When people only read headlines and refuse to better inform themselves ... they appear to be idiots. I listened to the interview with Clinton and I think he gives gsood advice to the President on how to advance his questions, and provides support for what the President has been saying about Romney and Bain ... and corporate raiders.

He said NO SUCH THING. I think you are the one that should go back and listen CAREFULLY to the interview. What he said was that Mitt Romney's work at Bain was good and reputable and should not be attacked. That he has a 'sterling' business record. FYI ...'sterling' means excellent or valuable...that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Duplicate thread. That search button exists for a reason.

And this thead was started first, but this is so funny it probably deserves two threads.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
The new Republicans prefer group think. It is essential that no individual think for himself and consider himself Republican.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The new Republicans prefer group think. It is essential that no individual think for himself and consider himself Republican.

You say this with a straight face after pelosi made the statment she did today..... HAhaaaaaa

obama care good.....cause I say so....

Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Bill Clinton: Mitt Romney's business record 'sterling' - POLITICO.com

To say that Clinton 'veered off message' might be the understatement of the year...lol. He must not even want Obama re-elected.
It has nothing to do with Romney as a Presidential candidate but as a businessman. Here is Clinton's take on Romney as a candidate...

“When you become president, your job is to explain where we are, say where you think we should go, have a strategy to get there and execute it. By that standard, Barack Obama deserves to be re-elected president of the United States. And I'm going to tell you the only reason we're even meeting here. I mean, this is crazy — he's got an opponent who basically wants to do what they did before, on steroids — which will get you the same consequences you got before, on steroids.”
- Bill Clinton

I take it though, you won't trumpet this stand of his. Would you? Now you love him, and now you don't.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 06-01-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Exclamation hmm...

The new Republicans support Romney because they were too stupid to nominate any worthy of serious consideration.

Republicans would rather contort and thrash about to match the painful rhythm of a candidate they despise and dislike than make a hard choice...

The new Republicans are what their candidate is....

Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It has nothing to do with Romney as a Presidential candidate but as a businessman. Here is Clinton's take on Romney as a candidate...

“When you become president, your job is to explain where we are, say where you think we should go, have a strategy to get there and execute it. By that standard, Barack Obama deserves to be re-elected president of the United States. And I'm going to tell you the only reason we're even meeting here. I mean, this is crazy — he's got an opponent who basically wants to do what they did before, on steroids — which will get you the same consequences you got before, on steroids.”
- Bill Clinton

I take it though, you won't trumpet this stand of his. Would you? Now you love him, and now you don't.
Oh, these are the "walk-back" comments.

Listen to this, Morning Joe. Basically the DEMOCRATS have neutered obama's attack on Bain;

Morning Joe: Obama Campaign Had A Bad Day From Deval Patrick To Bill Clinton - YouTube

I remember, the Left couldn't wait to get to Bain in the general, thought this would be THE attack strategy to sink Mitt.

Oh dear.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 PM

26,488 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Yes, Republicans come over to our side - you have to vote for our laws to know what is in them!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Bill must despise Obama. The left wing media chose Obama over Bill's more qualified wife. First, Bill shoots down the Buffett tax and now Obama's anti-Bain, anti-capitalist strategy. He needs to feign support for a sitting democrat president so his wife will be in position to run next time and he will get back into the White House.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times
Watch the last 20 seconds of the video:

Quote:
Bill Clinton:

"The Obama proposals and the
Obama record (would) be far better for the American economy and most Americans than those that Governor Romney's laid out."
I think the above quote speaks for itself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections