Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, but it still passed. What was your point?

P.S. Is the name calling supposed to be cute?

????? is your name "huh?"

Oh, did you mean "refuticans?" The name does fit considering what they have been doing the last 3 years

Last edited by simetime; 06-12-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I can only assume that following along is not your strong point here.
Just like you not being aware what is actually being posted and by whom

Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What was "messed up" about the original stimulus program?
If it had worked Obama wouldn't be seeking another one.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That does not look like it has nothing to do with the stimulus money, it just looks like another position
Obviously you didn't read it then. Please, you are wasting everyone's time but not reading what is being posted.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You don't know a lot, given that you believe in republicanism.
Wow, that hurt.

What, no name calling?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Wow, that hurt.

What, no name calling?
I don't need to. Your posts speak for themselves. Your contributions over last two pages... likely after you found self cornered...

Quote:
I see, so the answer is I could post them all day and it would make no difference.
Quote:
It's easy to be dismissive here but the facts are Obama had his shot and isn't getting another.
Quote:
Yes, but it still passed. What was your point?
P.S. Is the name calling supposed to be cute?
Quote:
It is one of the few things they have done lately that I support.
Quote:
Holy cow, what's with the buckshot? Even with the buckshot you completely missed the target. Yes, the GOP has blocked his programs after he messed up the original stimulus program. He has shown that he can not be trusted with that kind of money.
Quote:
I can only assume that following along is not your strong point here.
Quote:
If you do not know what your statement was that I replied to, well.........wow.
Quote:
If it had worked Obama wouldn't be seeking another one.
Quote:
Obviously you didn't read it then. Please, you are wasting everyone's time but not reading what is being posted.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Telecom executive Donald H. Gips raised a big bundle of cash to help finance his friend Barack Obama’s run for the presidency.

Gips, a vice president of Colorado-based Level 3 Communications LLC, delivered more than $500,000 in contributions for the Obama war chest, while two fellow senior company executives collected at least $150,000 more.

After the election, Gips was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions. Then in mid-2009, the new president named him ambassador to South Africa. Level 3 Communications, in which Gips retained stock, meanwhile received millions of dollars of government stimulus contracts for broadband projects in six states—though Gips said he was "completely unaware" of the stimulus money.

I can do this all day. Please tell me ahead of time how many I need to post.

Obama rewards big bundlers with jobs, commissions, stimulus money, government contracts, and more | iWatch News by The Center for Public Integrity

P.S. When you get some time read into the amount of waste and fraud that has been associated with the broadband programs.
Quote:

I read what you posted and even after reading the article I found it no different than any other president has done before, reward the people who got you there. If you really want to worry where do you think all of the PAC money that mitt is getting comes from and how/when do you think that it is going to be repaid?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It only was able to hang on because the gov't loaned then $19 billion.
You have nothing at all to base that on while I have other car companies who actually DID hang on without the government loans.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You have nothing at all to base that on while I have other car companies who actually DID hang on without the government loans.
So?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So?
If you cant follow the discussion, then why are you posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections