Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:59 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

If I were Mitt, I would spend almost all my time in swing states or states I might be able to steal. Texas voting for Obama is unlikely at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He could have respectfully declined. But to not respond at all, can only be "spun" as a refusal. Much like Obama was asked to go to Wisc to help the Recall effort, he has thus far, refused to respond to that.
I agree with this. It is rude. Classic plausible deniability. No excuse to not respond. Call it ignored if you want. Still not ok.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If I were Mitt, I would spend almost all my time in swing states or states I might be able to steal. Texas voting for Obama is unlikely at the moment.

Mitt is not running against Obama.

He is running against Ron Paul, at the moment.

Don't put the cart, before the horse.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Romney is paying no attention to Paul as the nomination is sewn up. He indeed is running against obama.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_M_156 View Post
That's because Ron Paul will take all the delegates at the Texas state convention.
Wrong.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mitt refuses to speak at the Texas GOP Convention

Mitt Romney will be a no-show at Texas GOP state convention

wonder why?
Keeping mouth shut has helped Rick Perry be pretty much the permanent government of the state. Pretty much along the lines...

Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wrong.

You going to the party?

come meet me at the Texas Liberty Concert on Thursday, June 7.

Can I count on you to be there
?

The Texas Liberty Concert will take place at the River Ranch Stockyards, located at 500 Northeast 23rd Street in Fort Worth.

Directions are available HERE.

The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m.

My good friend and supporter, musician Jordan Page, will be performing live from 7:15 to 8:15. I will speak after he performs.

He’ll be singing some of our favorite liberty songs as we celebrate the success we’ve had over the past year in influencing the Republican Party and the direction of our country.

Tickets are $20, and include parking, two drinks, and the concert.

The Liberty Concert is expected to sell out, but you can purchase your tickets in advance HERE. Just print your receipt and bring it as your ticket.

As you know, from the very beginning, my campaign for the White House has been about REAL change and true reform.

It’s been about changing the Republican Party – and more importantly, changing the direction of our country.

It’s been about renewing respect for the founding principles of limited constitutional government, free markets, and sound money.

And so far, it’s been very successful.

So please join me in Fort Worth on June 7 to celebrate our victories at the Texas Liberty Concert.

I hope to see you in Fort Worth.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Tickets are not $35,000 a plate......

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You going to the party?

come meet me at the Texas Liberty Concert on Thursday, June 7.

Can I count on you to be there?

The Texas Liberty Concert will take place at the River Ranch Stockyards, located at 500 Northeast 23rd Street in Fort Worth.

Directions are available HERE.

My good friend and supporter, musician Jordan Page, will be performing live from 7:15 to 8:15. I will speak after he performs.

He’ll be singing some of our favorite liberty songs as we celebrate the success we’ve had over the past year in influencing the Republican Party and the direction of our country.

Tickets are $20, and include parking, two drinks, and the concert.

The Liberty Concert is expected to sell out, but you can purchase your tickets in advance HERE. Just print your receipt and bring it as your ticket.

As you know, from the very beginning, my campaign for the White House has been about REAL change and true reform.

It’s been about changing the Republican Party – and more importantly, changing the direction of our country.

It’s been about renewing respect for the founding principles of limited constitutional government, free markets, and sound money.

And so far, it’s been very successful.

So please join me in Fort Worth on June 7 to celebrate our victories at the Texas Liberty Concert.

I hope to see you in Fort Worth.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S.
I would not go to a Republican convention any more than I would go to a Democratic Convention, Conventions are for the Party members, that leaves me out. You, on other hand, are a Party member and free to attend, I wonder what your opinion of your Party will be when they show Paul the door in August

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I would not go to a Republican convention any more than I would go to a Democratic Convention, Conventions are for the Party members, that leaves me out. You, on other hand, are a Party member and free to attend, I wonder what your opinion of your Party will be when they show Paul the door in August

Whatcha scared of?

It won't be Mitt. You can count on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections