Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You think Romney's record of accepting bailouts and an article written about it by REDSTATE is anti-Romney...

Interesting.
A lot of Redstaters really didn't like Romney at the first part of the primary season. The article is from January - did you not notice that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 04:41 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Cool hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
A lot of Redstaters really didn't like Romney at the first part of the primary season. The article is from January - did you not notice that?
What information, articles and dates from Romney's past should we ignore?

Romney's statements on bailouts? Should we ignore the one's where he's against them or for them?

Which collection of Romney statements make him your perfect candidate?

Last edited by walidm; 06-04-2012 at 04:56 AM..

Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You have to remember, the Left thought BAIN was THE attack that would doom Mitt.

No, Romney thinks so. He just took a tv tour to explain himself.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Source: REDSTATE

Conservative Republicans don't like Romney.
Lol, there is a candidate who hasn't secured his base, but it ain't Romney!

Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With Obama « CBS DC

Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, there is a candidate who hasn't secured his base, but it ain't Romney!

Liberals Threaten Not To Vote In November Over Disappointment With Obama « CBS DC
I cannot help but be impressed by your perseverance. Maybe, just maybe, if you declare Obama a failure just a few million more times, all of Romney's problems will disappear!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I cannot help but be impressed by your perseverance. Maybe, just maybe, if you declare Obama a failure just a few million more times, all of Romney's problems will disappear!

Mmmm, your defense of Obama is less than robust. Is a personal attack the best refutation of the facts you can muster? Quite sad. Obama is a failure. Perhaps you would like to defend his 8.2% unemployment or his $15 trillion in debt or his obstruction of justjce or his lack of transparency. Perhaps you think this is the resume of a successful President, I do not.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Mmmm, your defense of Obama is less than robust. Is a personal attack the best refutation of the facts you can muster? Quite sad. Obama is a failure. Perhaps you would like to defend his 8.2% unemployment or his $15 trillion in debt or his obstruction of justjce or his lack of transparency. Perhaps you think this is the resume of a successful President, I do not.
What do you think I am, Obama's cousin? Do you think I call him up on the phone and tell him about my progress being his fan on citydata? Feel free to think he's a failure. I'm going to vote for him, and I'm pretty happy about it. It's beginning to look like he's going to win again with or without your support, or even my support. Mitt Romney, however, really doesn't deserve your loyalty. Because that man is just a big mess. A rich mess, but a mess. He should be doing *very* well at this point, and he just can't manage to hold onto the ball. He's just giving the Obama campaign a new gift practically every day. I mean, even from a strategic perspective, all he had to do was let everything out into the open a long time ago, like in the primaries, and it all would have been deflated by now. But that would have been a risk, and he's just that risk-averse, and he's paying for it.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
What do you think I am, Obama's cousin? Do you think I call him up on the phone and tell him about my progress being his fan on citydata? Feel free to think he's a failure. I'm going to vote for him, and I'm pretty happy about it. It's beginning to look like he's going to win again with or without your support, or even my support. Mitt Romney, however, really doesn't deserve your loyalty. Because that man is just a big mess. A rich mess, but a mess. He should be doing *very* well at this point, and he just can't manage to hold onto the ball. He's just giving the Obama campaign a new gift practically every day. I mean, even from a strategic perspective, all he had to do was let everything out into the open a long time ago, like in the primaries, and it all would have been deflated by now. But that would have been a risk, and he's just that risk-averse, and he's paying for it.

You are whistling through the grave yard. Obama is toast, he can't secure his base, his donations are drying up, the mainstream press has dub him a liar. Not to mention the abysmal ecomnomy and his corrupt administration. No amount of class warfare rhetoric will distract from these facts.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
You are whistling through the grave yard. Obama is toast, he can't secure his base, his donations are drying up, the mainstream press has dub him a liar. Not to mention the abysmal ecomnomy and his corrupt administration. No amount of class warfare rhetoric will distract from these facts.
And... you don't think Mitt has wasted some opportunities here? Made a few itty bitty strategic missteps? You know, by letting the Obama campaign ever so slowly chisel away at his resume until only a giant $ sign is left?

Ok, that's cool too.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
And... you don't think Mitt has wasted some opportunities here? Made a few itty bitty strategic missteps? You know, by letting the Obama campaign ever so slowly chisel away at his resume until only a giant $ sign is left?

Ok, that's cool too.
Obama has tried over and over again to chisel away at Romneys resume, but when he's done, the end result was a larger resume. The fact that Obama is trying to hard to attack Romney, just goes to show that even Obama considers himself a failure. Otherwise, we'd see campaign ads discussing how wondeful he's been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections