Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 PM

14,011 posts, read 14,995,436 times

Advertisements

Unless there is an aboslute disaster, I do not foresee the Republicans losing the House of Reps. Which will perfectly suit their agenda, Nothing. The Republicans are basicly made it there goal to stop Obama, not to push their agenda on a national level, so unless the Democrats gain control of the House, Senate, and Presidency, which most likely will not happen, the Republicans "win" by reaching their goals.
This is how I currently see it, it may change as GOP regroups at the conventions, or even after this Tuesdays Primaries/Recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Unless there is an aboslute disaster, I do not foresee the Republicans losing the House of Reps. Which will perfectly suit their agenda, Nothing. The Republicans are basicly made it there goal to stop Obama, not to push their agenda on a national level, so unless the Democrats gain control of the House, Senate, and Presidency, which most likely will not happen, the Republicans "win" by reaching their goals.
This is how I currently see it, it may change as GOP regroups at the conventions, or even after this Tuesdays Primaries/Recall.

One of the best posts of the year.......

Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 PM

14,011 posts, read 14,995,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
One of the best posts of the year.......
thank you.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:41 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Or not.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:43 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times

Obama 4 more years

Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Do you realize how many bills the House has passed and sent to the Senate, where obstructionist-in-chief Harry Reid stonewalls them, ignores them, and uses parliamentary tricks to avoid debating them? Including budgets, a statutory obligation that the Senate Dems have flouted for three years running?

I didn't think so.

The Republicans "win" by avoiding further damage to the country at the hands of the Pelosi/Reid/Obama fringe of the Democratic party, and helping the Dems realize that they better find some adults to replace them.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 3,468 times
personally, I think the democrats are going to lose the wh in november, and will likely hold on to the senate by a slim margin. America has had enough.

As Lincoln said, You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. I think obama and the democrats will learn that lesson come november.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:34 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Possibly. There are plenty of idiots who will blame the sitting President for the mess he inherited. Few of them want to own up that it was conservatives who created this mess through de-regulation of the financial industry and gutting the tax base.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:39 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Possibly. There are plenty of idiots who will blame the sitting President for the mess he inherited. Few of them want to own up that it was conservatives who created this mess through de-regulation of the financial industry and gutting the tax base.
Damn, still blaming Bush.....

This really has to be a record.....

Old 06-05-2012, 05:40 PM

6 posts, read 3,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
It seems to me that since the democrats have been in charge of the congress for 4 of the last 5 1/2 years that they are the ones who would be to blame.

But I guess the democrats aren't going to be owning up to any of that any time soon.

By the way, it was the democrats who have been reconfirming the Bush tax cuts since obama took office. So if there was a gutting of the tax base, I think it was more of a bi-partisan thing than just one sided as you suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections