Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
I didn't see any reports that Walker was shot? Bonehead.
And there was no evidence that violent, political rhetoric cause the shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I do not condone such calls for violence. In this case, I understand it; however, I certainly do not condone it.
Again, beautifully illustrating the difference between the left and right brain. I despise Obama with every ounce of my being, but I would NEVER understand calling for shooting or killing him. EVER. To say you don't condone, but "understand" means you think it's not a wrong thing, in my opinion.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,811,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Again, beautifully illustrating the difference between the left and right brain. I despise Obama with every ounce of my being, but I would NEVER understand calling for shooting or killing him. EVER. To say you don't condone, but "understand" means you think it's not a wrong thing, in my opinion.
Oh really? As if Obama never receives death threats. They happen all the time. Take read on the Wikipedia page...

Barack Obama assassination threats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's preposterous to insinuate that right wingers never make threats of violence. Get your head out if the sand!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Quote:
Satire. It was a takeoff of Sam Kinison. This beatifully illustrates how the right has no sense of humor. You guys bore the crap out of me.

"No, I don't condone any sort of violent behavior towards women...I UNDERSTAND IT. "] Sam Kinison.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Satire. It was a takeoff of Sam Kinison. This beatifully illustrates how the right has no sense of humor. You guys bore the crap out of me.

"No, I don't condone any sort of violent behavior towards women...I UNDERSTAND IT. "] Sam Kinison.
If a comedian said it, it must be OK

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy

This is why i did not put up a Walker yard sign, we have some bat **** crazy libs in Wisconsin.
And right-wingers never stoop to that - right. People have been attacked for Obama bumper stickers. So there are depraved people everywhere - why is this big news to you?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
"Understand" is not synonymous with "sympathize".
Understand: "To perceive and comprehend the nature and significance of; grasp". Why rewrite the dictionary - leave that to Limbaugh.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think the plan is to break the back of the democrat/union incestuous relationship...and then make sure even more republicans are elected to governorships, increase the lead in the House, take the Senate, take the White House and really shrink government.

Sounds like a plan to me! When do we start?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Right you are. It amazes me that a fringe minority can keep this charade going...but then I remember they basically control the media and academia, which gives a mega horn to their fringe minority voices/ideas.
The repub base, corporations and the wealthy, own the media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If the left wasn't the party of violence you wouldn't even have to ask this question.
To normal people it means there are upcoming elections that may not be looking good for your party.
But, when people from the left are tweeting they want to kill Walker I can see where it would be easier to view a casual comment as a threat. It must be terrifying to associate with violent people. I'm sure I would get to the point of overanalyzing trivial comments too if I were continually surrounded by violent attitudes.
The "left" is not a party. Where do you righties get this crap? Various Dems receive plenty of death threats, including Obama and radio talkers. Where do you get your info (I know, real information is not much fun for you).
Quote:
I think the plan is to break the back of the democrat/union incestuous relationship...and then make sure even more republicans are elected to governorships, increase the lead in the House, take the Senate, take the White House and really shrink government.
You want incest? Check repubs and the billionaire 1%. Jeez, you don't hate incest at all - it works just fine for you.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,825,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy

This is why i did not put up a Walker yard sign, we have some bat **** crazy libs in Wisconsin.

you mean like those crazy conservatives in the Madison area that threatened the republican politician and vandalized his home for not following his party-line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections