Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

The fantasy of Obamaworld continues.

An imaginary concession to Obama for a losing effort. An extension of the latest liberal PC ball game where everyone wins a trophy.

Obama, the media declared,'great orator', now has a transparency award, nobel peace prize and most importantly an 'exit poll' to line his book shelf to recall the good old 'glory days'.

Congratulations Barack Obama!

Facts never stood in the way of obama's propaganda machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
How does it feel to be completely wrong.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He probably did beat bush. You know he stole 2000 why not 2004?
Still suffering from BDS, I see (Bush Derangement Syndrome). Better get to that therapist..............fast.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
What else could we possibly expect from the people that got slapped silly in the 2010 congressional elections, then doubled down on the whole of their unpopular agenda?

The positive spin that Obama will take away from November is that he can begin immediate work on his presidential library, which will be a shrine to his amazing accomplishments.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Polls or exit polls always have problems from reality. Its way too far from the national elections for anything to hold.Just as they showed the gains Walker made form last eelction in Democratic strongholds.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Exit polls have already proven to be unreliable garbage. Thought youd learned your lesson in 2004 or even last night with the Governor exit polls.....but you havent.

If you have to reach deep and rely on exit poll data, you know you're in trouble.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-06-2012 at 01:39 PM..

Old 06-06-2012, 12:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
And what would these same folk have said if the exit polls went for romney?
Better change WI to firm Obama on EC map.
RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Obama vs. Romney Create Your Own Electoral Map
Considering they polled 4% more Democrats than Republican to get the results, I'd be laughing, and you wouldnt be.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM

Recall - YouTube

LOL I love it. Just imagine, if you will, should Obama lose in November....just what are these people going to do. What are they going to say? God willing, we will find out, and it will be prime time comedy for all of us to enjoy.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Considering the recall proponents were out spent at least 10 to 1 I am surprised the vote was so close. The mulit billion dollar resources bought themselves an election. Why not, they already own the government.
Indeed; the Koch brothers alone spent $700,000 on ads supporting Walker. I suppose the U.S. will have "the best politicians that money can buy" forever.
We'll see how people enjoy living in a corporatocracy.

[quote] Thomas Jefferson—“I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”

Abraham Lincoln in 1864—“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. …corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.” (1864)/]

When Corporations are the Government » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 PM

[quote=Evenstar51;24627857]Indeed; the Koch brothers alone spent $700,000 on ads supporting Walker. I suppose the U.S. will have "the best politicians that money can buy" forever.
We'll see how people enjoy living in a corporatocracy.

Quote:
Thomas Jefferson—“I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”

Abraham Lincoln in 1864—“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. …corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.” (1864)/]

When Corporations are the Government » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
I think most of us normal Americans see a problem with money and politics but how much money is donated to Democrats? How much money did Obama get in 2008? I didnt hear a peep from the left and media about it. Hell, he broke a promise about financing and they let him slide on that too.
And just how many fundraisers has this man held this year so far? I believes he's breaking records. He's had several just this week alone.

If Obama out raises Romney, dare I say we wont hear a damn thing about it from the same people talking about Walker and what he took in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections