Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:40 PM

688 posts, read 652,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
The same way you want me to send to Somalia, there are a lot of countries where the government bathes you, feeds you and changes your diapers, so you are pretty much all set. Do YOU want to go there? So what if you pay 90% of your income as taxes? The government knows better than you how to spend YOUR money, right? You would be perfectly at home there. Me, I want to live in a FREE country. We did not even have an income tax till 1913. Did people survive? Hell yeah, they did.
Nah, I'm good. You're the one who isn't happy with the way we do things in THIS country.

While I'm sure that 1913 was great time, the economy of that era is so far removed from what we have today that it's irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Nah, I'm good. You're the one who isn't happy with the way we do things in THIS country.

While I'm sure that 1913 was great time, the economy of that era is so far removed from what we have today that it's irrelevant.
You may think that comment is irrelevant but Obama's reverse racism is not. I cannot believe more people are not ticked off by this blatant crap.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I hope that those he is trying to entice, won't buy his nonesense this time, that they are smart enough to see thru to what he is doing.
The never stopped buying it.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The never stopped buying it.
That's sad, really really sad. The platform he ran on, which was Unite One and All, and Hope n' Change is garbage!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
You may think that comment is irrelevant but Obama's reverse racism is not. I cannot believe more people are not ticked off by this blatant crap.
I didn't find moving_pains commenting on the U.S. not having income tax until 1913 irrelevant; I found it illogical to compare the U.S. of 1913, with its relatively little infrastructure and slow moving economy, with the current fast-paced and highly dynamic world economy, and the taxes collected to sustain said eras. Also, while there may have been no income tax, taxes were definitely collected.

As far as Obama being racist, I can assure you that the people whom believe Obama has been racist are either hypersensitive or looking to *****. If Obama were truly racist we wouldn't have a few people trying to convince the rest of us that he's racist, we would have a majority of us trying to convince a few. In the U.S. we have a long history of open and legal racism; if anyone can recognize racism it's Americans. Obama is not a racist.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't find moving_pains commenting on the U.S. not having income tax until 1913 irrelevant; I found it illogical to compare the U.S. of 1913, with its relatively little infrastructure and slow moving economy, with the current fast-paced and highly dynamic world economy, and the taxes collected to sustain said eras. Also, while there may have been no income tax, taxes were definitely collected.

As far as Obama being racist, I can assure you that the people whom believe Obama has been racist are either hypersensitive or looking to *****. If Obama were truly racist we wouldn't have a few people trying to convince the rest of us that he's racist, we would have a majority of us trying to convince a few. In the U.S. we have a long history of open and legal racism; if anyone can recognize racism it's Americans. Obama is not a racist.
So by your reasoning it would be perfectly ok for Romney to pitch a video to White Americans exactly like Obama's but with whites only in the video?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
So by your reasoning it would be perfectly ok for Romney to pitch a video to White Americans exactly like Obama's but with whites only in the video?
I would need that video to judge. But, from every pro-Obama video I have seen, none have been racist. Misleading, possibly, but not racist. Not even close.

*Just a reminder, Obama is white. He's black, too. But, he is white. I'd be willing to bet the farm that he's not racist against himself or his quarter-white kids.

Last edited by CDJD; 06-08-2012 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: logic

Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I would need that video to judge. But, from every pro-Obama video I have seen, none have been racist. Misleading, possibly, but not racist. Not even close.

*Just a reminder, Obama is white. He's black, too. But, he is white. I'd be willing to bet the farm that he's not racist against himself or his quarter-white kids.
You better hold on tight to your imaginary farm. You might consider him white but I don't and either does he.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Racists have a way of looking for racism in others with hopes of justifying their own racism.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Racists have a way of looking for racism in others with hopes of justifying their own racism.
If that's the case, we're all racists.

One would have to be pretty stupid to not recognize racism when they see (or feel) it.

Obama is the Racist-In-Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections