Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times

Advertisements

Did you even watch the videos I posted who flip flops 4 to 6 times on the same issues or says what he thinks is best just by the crowd he is speaking to it is not Obama that is so sure. Do we even have a real clue how Romney is gonna drop the debt no. Why does he not like to talk about his past he acts like it never happened why his pasted he was jobs killer & helps his rich friends which he is still planning to do more of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Did you even watch the videos I posted who flip flops 4 to 6 times on the same issues or says what he thinks is best just by the crowd he is speaking to it is not Obama that is so sure. Do we even have a real clue how Romney is gonna drop the debt no. Why does he not like to talk about his past he acts like it never happened why his pasted he was jobs killer & helps his rich friends which he is still planning to do more of

The vast majority of the people who will vote for Mitt in this coming election realize that he is not perfection wrapped up in diety.

Please remember that it was Obama who claimed the oceans would cease to rise because he was nominated by the democrat party to run for president...

Mitt, has changed positions on a few issues. But Barak Obama made us promises and has failed to live up to them. Barak Obama said that if he didnt fix the economy he would be a one term president. I intend to make sure this is a statement he lives up to.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The vast majority of the people who will vote for Mitt in this coming election realize that he is not perfection wrapped up in diety.

Please remember that it was Obama who claimed the oceans would cease to rise because he was nominated by the democrat party to run for president...

Mitt, has changed positions on a few issues. But Barak Obama made us promises and has failed to live up to them. Barak Obama said that if he didnt fix the economy he would be a one term president. I intend to make sure this is a statement he lives up to.
Please post that quote. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to produce it.

Obama has kept more promises than the GOP:
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

PolitiFact | GOP Pledge-O-Meter: Tracking the promises of the GOP Leadership in Congress

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you agree that we dont need taxpayers paying for education then, right?
I disagree 1000% percent. I wish more of my tax dollars went to education instead of assinine military projects like the f22, osprey, another aircraft carrier, aid to Israel, Pakistan, India, North Korea, etc. They are the real burdens to the tax payer. Billions upon billions in waste but Republicans want to cut education spending, free lunch programs for poor and needy kids, which are tiny in comparison. It's very hard to take any conservatives seriously.

Last edited by DC's Finest; 06-15-2012 at 12:53 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Please post that quote. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to produce it.

PolitiFact | GOP Pledge-O-Meter: Tracking the promises of the GOP Leadership in Congress
Yeah, did you even look at your links?
Pressure Sudan to end violence in Darfur
The Promise: "As president, Obama will take immediate steps to end the genocide in Darfur by increasing pressure on the Sudanese and pressure the government to halt the killing and stop impeding the deployment of a robust international force."

Update June 15th, 2012:
Some progress, but violence continues

They rated this a compromise..

And the GOP ones have been stalled by Democrats.. stop being ridiculous.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I disagree 1000% percent. I wish more of my tax dollars went to education instead of assinine military projects like the f22, osprey, another aircraft carrier, aid to Israel, Pakistan, India, North Korea, etc. They are the real burdens to the tax payer.
The choice isnt spend more on education, or military..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Billions upon billion in waste but Republicans want to cut education spending, free lunch programs for poor and needy kids, which are tiny in comparison. It's very hard to take any conservatives seriously.
oh for gods sakes its impossible to take people like you seriously when you babble on with these lies. There have been no cuts in education spending.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Certainly.

Obama's Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul June 3, 2008.

Here is the link to the first page of ABC's full transcript of the speech:
FULL SPEECH: Obama Declares Victory - ABC News

The actual quote is on page five of the speech. here is the link followed by the wording:

Page 5: FULL SPEECH: Obama Declares Victory - ABC News
I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:51 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The DNC keeps flinging stuff at Romney - and nothing seems to stick.

War on Women - failed.

Attack venture capitalism - failed.

Everything Obama does fails and a lot of Democrat leaders are jumping ship.

Obama has made enemies with unions and the economy ain't gettin' any better.

Barack has 5 months to convince the unemployed that he is their man.

I don't see it happening.
Only in your repub mind. And what is this triple-spacing of simple sentences fancied by right-wing posters? I am curious.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

You saying that Mitt has changed positions on a few issues, is like saying someone is halfway pregnant. LOL. On almost every major issue, he has changed positions. From healthcare to the bail out, it's been hard to get a good feeling on where he stands. I think he is a likeabkle guy but out of touch with everyday working Americans. I don't fault him for being rich but he tries to hard to fit in. You can see it in his interviews. He is desperately trying to make an impression with a soundbite and it turns into disaster. Saying idiot things like..."I'm unemployed too"... "Let Detroit go bankrupt".... "$300,000 is not a lot of money." His media team needs to be fired.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The choice isnt spend more on education, or military..

oh for gods sakes its impossible to take people like you seriously when you babble on with these lies. There have been no cuts in education spending.
Repubs certainly DO want to privatize education, along with everything else, and have said so! Who are you listening to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections