Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who did show up?
From page 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Really? You make an emotional post that's utterly void of any logic or facts and you're calling other people fools? You might want to look in the mirror.

I'm sure the LGBT community will vote for Obama en masse. The Republicans are largely driven by the agenda of religious bigots who dislike gay people. I can't see how that would be an option.
As usual, you're 100% wrong. And this, my dear, is FACT!. Read it and weep:

Hillbuzz Conservative Politics, Analysis & Humor | Kevin DuJan Editor

Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM

688 posts, read 652,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As usual, you're 100% wrong. And this, my dear, is FACT!. Read it and weep:

Hillbuzz Conservative Politics, Analysis & Humor | Kevin DuJan Editor
Romney's pride in opposition to equal rights tells people who are paying attention a lot more about the man than his business credentials... certainly more than enough to know he's not cut from a modern-day presidential cloth.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This.

Actually, Romney may win the people who hold only a high school diploma, as well as the people who have "some college" (I assume this would also include voters with associate's degrees) These groups are slightly more Republican than the average voters. But, those with Bachelor's degrees favor Republicans over Democrats more than any other group. Those with postgraduate education favor Democrats, as do high school dropouts.

Hehehe...well I guess I'll have to slum with those PhDs this election....!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hehehe...well I guess I'll have to slum with those PhDs this election....!
And the high school dropouts...

That being said, think about who exactly is most likely to have postgraduate education and who among them is most likely to vote Democrat. Think about groups like college professors, who don't really make their living in the "real world" per se. Or social workers, who obviously are more likely to vote Democrat because they support funding for so many different programs. Or trial lawyers, whose careers benefit from complex laws that Democrats are more likely to support (though quite a few lawyers are Republicans).

There are plenty of those with postgraduate education who vote more Republican than Democrat. Those with MBA's, for example, as well as doctors and engineers (many of whom have advanced degrees) I believe.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
And the high school dropouts...

That being said, think about who exactly is most likely to have postgraduate education and who among them is most likely to vote Democrat. Think about groups like college professors, who don't really make their living in the "real world" per se. Or social workers, who obviously are more likely to vote Democrat because they support funding for so many different programs. Or trial lawyers, whose careers benefit from complex laws that Democrats are more likely to support (though quite a few lawyers are Republicans).

There are plenty of those with postgraduate education who vote more Republican than Democrat. Those with MBA's, for example, as well as doctors and engineers (many of whom have advanced degrees) I believe.
That's incredibly presumptuous, no?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
That's incredibly presumptuous, no?
It's not presumptuous. I'm just stating facts. Certain groups are more likely to vote Democrat, certain groups are more likely to vote Republican.

High school dropouts are more likely to vote Democrat than voters as a whole

Those which Bachelor's degrees are more likely to vote Republican than voters as a whole

Those with PhD's are more likely to vote Democrat than voters as a whole

Those with MD's - I believe - are more likely to vote Republican than voters as a whole

As far as the reasons why certain groups are more likely to vote a certain way, I could give reasons why those more likely to vote Republican do so that could be considered derogatory as well.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
It's not presumptuous. I'm just stating facts. Certain groups are more likely to vote Democrat, certain groups are more likely to vote Republican.

High school dropouts are more likely to vote Democrat than voters as a whole

Those which Bachelor's degrees are more likely to vote Republican than voters as a whole

Those with PhD's are more likely to vote Democrat than voters as a whole

Those with MD's - I believe - are more likely to vote Republican than voters as a whole

As far as the reasons why certain groups are more likely to vote a certain way, I could give reasons why those more likely to vote Republican do so that could be considered derogatory as well.
- Red states produce the most high school dropouts, so I'm not sure where you're going with that. You suck at caring about educating your neighbors and the future of our country?

- While it may be true that those of us with Bachelor's degrees tend to vote slightly on the republican side, most of us also find ourselves in states run by democrates. Perhaps dems have recognized the the exchange of money between the middle class is what drives the economy? And, in order to continue to do that, they need to be paid a middle class wage..?

- Indeed, PhD's do tend to vote dem.

Quote:
- I don't care what you believe. In fact, I find it annoying that you have to backtrack on your bs "facts."

Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
- Red states produce the most high school dropouts, so I'm not sure where you're going with that. You suck at caring about educating your neighbors and the future of our country?
As far as the idea that red states produce the most high school dropouts, do you have a link? I think the biggest dropout problem would be in states with large minority populations - many of which are red states, but some of which are not (such as CA, which I think has a huge dropout problem).

Quote:
- - While it may be true that those of us with Bachelor's degrees tend to vote slightly on the republican side, most of us also find ourselves in states run by democrates.
Have proof? I would guess it's about 50/50 on average....and, in fact, I would guess that far more of us with Bachelor's degrees are in states run by Republicans than in states run by Democrats after the 2010 elections.

Quote:
- Perhaps we've recognized the the exchange of money between middle class is what drives the economy? And, in order to continue to do that, they need to be paid a middle class wage..?
I never said middle class Americans shouldn't be paid middle class wages... I also believe that Americans - middle class and others - should be able to keep more of the money they earn.

Quote:
- - Indeed, PhD's do tend to vote dem.
Yes.

Quote:
- - I don't care what you believe. In fact, I find it annoying that you have to backtrack on your bs "stats."
BS stats? Tell me what's not true. I never backtracked....I simply explained myself.

Let me go ahead and mention why I think poor whites vote Republican - because of social issues and because they are more likely to be racist and perhaps, though unintentionally, the Republican Party has courted racists to some extent (the Southern Strategy).

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-14-2012 at 12:02 AM..

Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Fair enough, but including bisexuals and "transgendered" renders a figure of 9 million according to the same study.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.ed...T-Apr-2011.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections