U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,178,541 times
Reputation: 3538

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
...and the disapproval gap, -6 today in Gallup, is the lowest since March. The mainstream Dem approach of dismantling community banks, forcing the purchase of uneconomic energy, and punishing success just may lead to its natural outcome here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Obama's plan of division is evidently leading to subtraction...but arithmetic was never his strong suit.
Division? the Teabaggers have attacked blacks, gays, women's rights and Hispanics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,178,541 times
Reputation: 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am saying that 3.5 years of "fixing" what is broken has produced nary a fix.

I am saying Obama cannot fix what is wrong because his fixes are wrong.

If the economy were a car, it would need a new alternator. Mr Obama is trying to replace the nice leather seats with cheep cloth. Mr. Obama is also suggesting removal of the AC unit because it isnt "green" and yes he understands it is summer and the temperature is 103...

my logic is fine. once a car is broken it no longer matters how it got there. what matters is getting it fixed.
But if you are trying to put tires on a car on one end and on the other someone else is removing the the battery how will the car move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
 
15,795 posts, read 8,655,279 times
Reputation: 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But if you are trying to put tires on a car on one end and on the other someone else is removing the the battery how will the car move?

oh lets be honest. if we are going to use a car analogy, the likely truth is that one party is working on the car with the jaws of life, while the other is blasting away with a plasma cutter while both claim to be fixing it and complaining about the other damaging it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
 
Location: In Transition
1,629 posts, read 1,561,137 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sorry, but you have your facts wrong, the DEMS did not control the white house and congress for two years, much less the 2 1/2 you claim. (how's that work seeing they lost the house after two years?)

They controlled a filibuster proof senate for about seven month before ted Kennedy died and they no longer had that 60th vote. That pretty much ended any control the DEMS had.

So, while you see the DEMS having 2.5 years of total unrestricted control of the government, reality is they had seven months of such control and most of that time was spent on ACA.
Uh, a simple majority is required to pass a bill in the Senate, NOT 60 as you claim...

So, you are wrong, the Democrats DID have control for over 2 years. Nice try though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,295,611 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Uh, a simple majority is required to pass a bill in the Senate, NOT 60 as you claim...

So, you are wrong, the Democrats DID have control for over 2 years. Nice try though.
Umm, you'd be wrong, it takes 60 votes to end debate in the senate. Try keeping up. Less than seven months, split up over 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
7,701 posts, read 3,936,805 times
Reputation: 2732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Because Romney is a robotic 1% offshore banking member of a cult. The best the GOP could come up with. *laughing*
Actual dictionary definition of the word "cult" = "a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies."

Common slang usage of the word "cult" = "Anyone who believes something that I strongly disagree with."

So every religion on the planet qualifies as a cult by both definitions. They all are systems of religions worship and devotion. They also all have one or more groups out there who passionately disagree with what they believe in.

Throwing the C word around is basically the same game as racial slurs: Most of them don't actually mean anything in particular. It's just a broad blanket insult of another demographic of humanity because some people have irrational hate issues. They don't know why they're haters, but they want the world to know about it anyways. While we're all acting so grown up here, you might as well call Romney a doo-doo head for good measure.

Now if you were to pull your head out and get over your mindless religious bigotry issues, you might notice that Romney is one of the most overqualified POTUS candidates we've seen run in quite some time. He has extensive experience and success in both the private and public sectors. He's not my first choice certainly but I've yet to see any nominee from D or R that I was particularly excited about since I was old enough to vote. Romney is a very strong candidate. He needs to offer a much clearer message certainly, but his resume is excellent. The fact that anyone cares what his religion is just shows how pathetic Americans still are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,627,965 times
Reputation: 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Quick name the last republican president to serve! ........I'll wait.
You won't have to wait long. Both Bushes served. Bush senior was a carrier based pilot and shot down by the Japanese during WW2. Bush junior was an interceptor pilot in the Texas National Guard during the Vietnam war, but his unit was never called up. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 AM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,663,288 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama
Probably because a lot of people aren't so stupid as to blame him for the mess he inherited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,627,965 times
Reputation: 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Probably because a lot of people aren't so stupid as to blame him for the mess he inherited.
I don't, I blame him for ignoring the Constitution and rule of law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,295,611 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't, I blame him for ignoring the Constitution and rule of law.
That sounds exactly like something one of those idiot talking heads on faux spews would say. Care to put a little meat on those bones? Exactly WTF you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top