U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
 
15,804 posts, read 8,671,672 times
Reputation: 6251

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Division? the Teabaggers have attacked blacks, gays, women's rights and Hispanics
and unicorns are real too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,300,256 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
oh lets be honest. if we are going to use a car analogy, the likely truth is that one party is working on the car with the jaws of life, while the other is blasting away with a plasma cutter while both claim to be fixing it and complaining about the other damaging it.
Be honest??? How dare you show back up on this thread talking about being honest. Wasn't it about 10 posts up that YOU claimed that American lost 50% of their net worth since Obama took office???? Talk about a bold face lie??? Then when you're busted in your big lie you say nothing...

And now you wants talk about being "honest"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and all republicans have to do is point to the "epic disaster" Obama's solutions have been right here in the USA.

The Boston Westies may care about economic policy in Ireland but the average American is much more affected by the fact that they have lost nearly 50% of their wealth since Obama became President....

..


IN AMERICA...
Fact is you were NOT being honest.


Last edited by buzzards27; 06-22-2012 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM
 
15,804 posts, read 8,671,672 times
Reputation: 6251
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Be honest??? How dare you show up on this tread talking about being honest. Wasn't it about 29 posts up that YOU claimed that American lost 50% of their net worth since Obama took office???? Talk about a bold face lie??? Then when you're busted in your big lie you say nothing...

And now you wants talk about being "honest"?



Fact is you were NOT being honest.

well buzzard, I will do what on one on C-D ever does.

I appologize for the statement.

Obama was not president when the largest part of the erosion took place.

There how is that?

Now, I will say that Obama policy over the last 3.5 years has done virtually nothing to correct that problem.

can we get back to bashing Obama now? It is lots of fun and can be done in utter and complete honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,300,256 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well buzzard, I will do what on one on C-D ever does.

I appologize for the statement.

Obama was not president when the largest part of the erosion took place.

There how is that?

Now, I will say that Obama policy over the last 3.5 years has done virtually nothing to correct that problem.

can we get back to bashing Obama now? It is lots of fun and can be done in utter and complete honesty.
Good for you, few ppl take credit for their errors.

To answer you question, the ppl that drove us into this ditch, the ones that vowed to cause Obama to fail, have no right to question the pace of recovery.

It is like the guy with the gun blaming the doctors for the condition of the shooting victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
 
15,804 posts, read 8,671,672 times
Reputation: 6251
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Good for you, few ppl take credit for their errors.

To answer you question, the ppl that drove us into this ditch, the ones that vowed to cause Obama to fail, have no right to question the pace of recovery.

It is like the guy with the gun blaming the doctors for the condition of the shooting victim.
we absolutly dont agree that Americans dont have a right to question the pace of recover.

we would not agree (evidently) on what the inputs were that caused the meltdown in the first place.

3.5 years. 5 Trillion dollars of new debt and the economy is still listless.

Obama had his chance. He focused like a laser on HEALTHCARE instead of the ECONOMY.

I dont want that kind of president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,189,258 times
Reputation: 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and unicorns are real too.
And so is political and institutionize racism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
 
15,804 posts, read 8,671,672 times
Reputation: 6251
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And so is political and institutionize racism
The existance of racism if a fact. we can certainly agree on that point.


However the notion that the Tea party has acted in a racist/sexist/homophobic manner is a lie.


it is an absolute lie and those who say so do so out of ignorance of the truth or are willful liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,189,258 times
Reputation: 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You won't have to wait long. Both Bushes served. Bush senior was a carrier based pilot and shot down by the Japanese during WW2. Bush junior was an interceptor pilot in the Texas National Guard during the Vietnam war, but his unit was never called up. What's your point?
I stand corrected I forgot about senior Bush (who I actually have some respect for) but his son DID NOT SERVE HONORABLY! The man was a coward and got by based on the political clout of his family!
Everyone except C Powell in his cabinent were cowards who never served either

Bush 2 did not fly anywhere, he did not complete his training, hell he did not even go to all of his drills. There are two separate forums validating this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,189,258 times
Reputation: 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The existance of racism if a fact. we can certainly agree on that point.


However the notion that the Tea party has acted in a racist/sexist/homophobic manner is a lie.


it is an absolute lie and those who say so do so out of ignorance of the truth or are willful liars.
You cannot no more speak for all of them than I, but even you have to admit that there are racist elements within the group as well as homphobic and sexist. Hell I have even seen them on my job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 03:23 PM
 
Location: In Transition
1,629 posts, read 1,562,789 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Umm, you'd be wrong, it takes 60 votes to end debate in the senate. Try keeping up. Less than seven months, split up over 2009.
LOL keep up with you? Try reading what I wrote.

It takes a simple majority to pass a bill in the Senate. I did not say anything about filibusterer, debating, etc. How many times did a filibuster occur during that time, nice attempt at building a strawman. So the Dems could really pass anything they wanted during that whole 2 year time. No arguments about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top