U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 AM

21,492 posts, read 10,401,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Um, how is Romney going to poll high when he (as of now) is badly losing the WOMEN vote, the LATINO vote, the LGBT vote, and of course the AFR AMER vote?

The disdain for these groups emitted by the Right is aimed at the very being of these people. It's a wonder why it's only 4 or 5 percentage points.

Obama certainly presents some question marks, but they are on complicated issues where smart people know the answers are not so easy: getting out of Afghanistan sooner, cutting gov't employment, rading medical marijuana facilities, not penalizing finance execs, continuing some wrong subsidies, various painful budgetary decisions, etc.
Romneys distain.. wow,, sounds like the liberal msnbc got you believing this drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM

21,492 posts, read 10,401,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most people are doing better now with President Obama in charge than they were under the Bushistas or would be with a Palin/McCain disaster. Most also realize the RW propaganda infesting the TV is just another lying advertisers trying to get them to buy harmful crap. Despite every effort by the Republicans to sabotage the recovery the economy is getting better and we are bringing the troops home. I expect it will do a lot better during a second Obama term if we all help by getting rid of the RWNJ's in Congress as well.
I see the gas prices, the food prices.. better.????. you have got to be blind to think it is better. I got sticker shock again when I went to the supermarket yesterday.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM

13,292 posts, read 10,103,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering about that and do get a bit heartened when i see that Romney leads Obama from 4 to 5% at Rasmussen. Somebody is right and somebody is not right. Since so many polls show less than the media does I think I will ride with Rasmussen.

Why are President Obama

It's all about the money, what is put out by the mitt super pacs will demonize mother Thersa if they could. Hey they called carl rove "bush's brain" and he is behind (reluctantly) mitts money infusion. This is the reason that you see so much negative ads and propaganda regarding the president. The reason that his poll numbers are not bad is because most of the stuff that comes out is either a lie or a half truth. Personally I believe the reason is because mitt has the personality of a retarded snail and that many people can see through his BS

Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 AM

8,798 posts, read 9,623,537 times
Because only the Tea Party really believed you could turn the world largest economy around and put 8 million people back to work in 17 months.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
There was only one reason why people voted for him the first time around, Obama that is.

This time people want a candiate that don't make empty promises, and is not so arrogant, and ignorant to the facts, that people do really uphold a person to their promises.

And is voted on this person's trustworthniess, their devotion to be true and honest to the American People, and by all means, not promising all of us something he could never deliver. And to treat all Americans as an equal, and no special favors shall be granted, based on the color of one's skin, or a race.

Got news for you, so many whome voted for Obama first time around, NOT SO EXCITED THIS TIME AROUND?

Still waiting u see for all this Hope n' Change, which by the way was garbage, as is what he is feeding the people this time around.

Footnote to your rant: You are aware that on Jan 10 2008 the leading republicans got together in a restaurant in Washington and decided to block any and all legislation that Obama and the Democrats bring up before them. I guess you did not get or ignored the memo.

Fyi many blacks are not happy with him BECAUSE he DID NOT help them out as assumed by them and feared by many whites. But guess what? They are still going to vote for him because voting for minortron mitt is only going to make the sitaution worst.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
it has to do with the lack of intelligence of obama supports...
....Or the stupidity of poor republicans voting against their own best interest

Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Dont kid yourself they are all criminals.

That may be so, but I rather deal with a pickpocket then an armed robber (baron)!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You nominate a cardboard cut out of Gordon Gecko, what do you expect?

Their own base admits to holding it's nose while voting for the nomination.

How quickly do they forget Look how it took for him to win the nomination over the other nutjobs!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I see the gas prices, the food prices.. better.????. you have got to be blind to think it is better. I got sticker shock again when I went to the supermarket yesterday.
It took 8 years for the bumbling bush to screw up the economy and do you really expect it to be fixed in less than four? this is on top of the refuticans and those nutjobs called teabaggers obstructing everything that can help the American people

Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 PM

14,385 posts, read 7,092,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
There was only one reason why people voted for him the first time around, Obama that is.

This time people want a candiate that don't make empty promises, and is not so arrogant, and ignorant to the facts, that people do really uphold a person to their promises.

And is voted on this person's trustworthniess, their devotion to be true and honest to the American People, and by all means, not promising all of us something he could never deliver. And to treat all Americans as an equal, and no special favors shall be granted, based on the color of one's skin, or a race.

Got news for you, so many whome voted for Obama first time around, NOT SO EXCITED THIS TIME AROUND?

Still waiting u see for all this Hope n' Change, which by the way was garbage, as is what he is feeding the people this time around.
I voted for him the first time and I am excited about a 2nd term if he gets one. I'm not even a democrat. Most of the democrats I know are more on the Obama bandwagon than in 2008 even when I tell them he will have a tough battle, they think I am crazy LOL! They are gung ho Obama supporters.

Also, it is strange to me that so many of you think that us black people are only voting for Obama because he is black. You do realize that over 90% of black people always vote for the democrat and before 2008, they always voted for a white person right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
RACE is why !

92% of blacks think he is doing a good job

( probably the same percentage of blacks who cheered when OJ Simpson was acquited )
Didn't cheer when OJ was cleared (didn't and don't care about OJ) but I do think he is doing a good job, it is not outrageously good, but decent and I'd rather stick with him than rock the boat and get someone else in who will need more on-the-job training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most people are doing better now with President Obama in charge than they were under the Bushistas or would be with a Palin/McCain disaster. Most also realize the RW propaganda infesting the TV is just another lying advertisers trying to get them to buy harmful crap. Despite every effort by the Republicans to sabotage the recovery the economy is getting better and we are bringing the troops home. I expect it will do a lot better during a second Obama term if we all help by getting rid of the RWNJ's in Congress as well.
The bolded is the truth. I know many of you don't want to acknowledge it but it is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or