Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,675,281 times

Advertisements

In order of strength IMHO:
1.) Condi Rice - Brilliant, female and a minority. It's like Christmas in June or something! And she is probably the most competent choice out there.
2.) Rubio - He's just too perftect for him NOT to be considered.
3.) Christie - It's like having an enforcer on your hockey team. Bring in the big guy so he can kick some butt!

You definitely won't see any of the guys who ran against Romney. Those folks have done enough damage to the GOP's hopes this year. You won't see Jeb Bush because America is burned out on Bush's getting into the White House at this point. And if either Donald Trump or Sarah Palin are anyone's bright idea for Veep, you need to have your head examined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 04:03 AM

7,531 posts, read 11,502,384 times
I have a feeling he will not pick a female as vp why would any female in there right might even want to be his vp when the GOP outted women more than once

Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Top 3

Paul Ryan
Donald Trump would kill his chances just like Palin did for MCcain
Karl Rove

Except for Paul Ryan on that list...seriously???

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
1.) Condi Rice - Brilliant, female and a minority. It's like Christmas in June or something! And she is probably the most competent choice out there.
3.) Christie - It's like having an enforcer on your hockey team. Bring in the big guy so he can kick some butt!

You definitely won't see any of the guys who ran against Romney. Those folks have done enough damage to the GOP's hopes this year. You won't see Jeb Bush because America is burned out on Bush's getting into the White House at this point. And if either Donald Trump or Sarah Palin are anyone's bright idea for Veep, you need to have your head examined.

I don't take the VP choice all that seriously because I don't think it matters all that much...unless you pick some really off the wall person (like Palin). From your list, I could live with Christie, but he just doesn't seem like the number 2 type of guy to me. There is also no geographic advantage to picking him.
I think Condoleeza Rice is excellent, but to be honest, I do not think she is interested.
Rubio bothers me on some level. Why? I am not sure, but it's there and I know it's a bad pick for some reason.

For strategic purposes, I still think Bob McDonnell will be the pick. If Mitt picked the person he is best suited working with, it would be Paul Ryan (but I don't think it will be).

Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
With any luck, it would be Huntsman. The reason I say that is because, even as a liberal who disagrees with many of his views, he seems to be genuine in his convictions and in wanting the best for the country. I think that a lot of figures in the GOP are too extreme and stubborn in their views to ever get any of them passed, so their involvement in government would only further stifle the bs that's been going on since '08. I also don't believe Mitt Romney gives a crap about the U.S.; I think becoming president is more about massaging his ego.

Unfortunately, could you imagine the petri dish of GOP conspiracy theories that would flourish if two Mormons got into the White House?
He isn't going to pick another Mormon. he already has to deal with bigots who say they can't vote for a Mormon (most will in the end) He will pick, either someone that can bring in the minority vote or someone from the south or southwest. I am not one that thinks the VP choice make a heck of a lot of difference, and it is usually someone we have never even heard of but the anticipation is keeps us on our toes.

Nita

Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

i like you way of thinking, but I really do not think Rubio will be the choice and I am not sure he is quite ready though I really like him. I would put Christie as my second pick...How about the governor of NM?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:40 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,772,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Any guesses on Romneys VP pick, and why do you pick them?
Romney would have to pick one of his fellow Krazy Kar Krew from the Primary race. ANY other Repub would outshine Mitt too much.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Romney would have to pick one of his fellow Krazy Kar Krew from the Primary race. ANY other Repub would outshine Mitt too much.
I asked that this thread include a list and a reason, but as usual, you liberals all come here to post your left wing hate.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,375,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Herman Cain
Herman Cain would bring a lot of experience in the area of Domestic Affairs and Foreign Affairs.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,772,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I asked that this thread include a list and a reason, but as usual, you liberals all come here to post your left wing hate.
The reason was made clear but are you saying you need a list of who was on the primary debate stages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections