Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Bush did a lot worse things like the economy mess by gutting much needed government regulations.
If you really think the economy was better off 4 yrs ago I want what ever your smoking or drinking truth is the economy is better off than the last 2 yrs of Bush
I've asked you before and I'll ask you again

What regulations did Bush gut? You keep babbling this nonsense but you cant post anything of substance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 05:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If you love regulations so much, I'm sure you have a huge problem with Clinton signing legislation that repealed so many regulations affecting financial institutions.

February 2007 - UE rate was 4.5%
So, you're saying unemployment nearly doubled in bush's last two years, interesting.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
So, you're saying unemployment nearly doubled in bush's last two years, interesting.
You didnt know that?

Old 06-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've asked you before and I'll ask you again

What regulations did Bush gut? You keep babbling this nonsense but you cant post anything of substance..
Before or after his buddies at ENRON et al, ran their scam and defrauded their shareholders amd stole their employee's life savings?

World Comm

Adelphia

Enron

Madoff

Countrywide

Global Crossing

ImClone

HealthSouth

Wow, there must be a couple of dozen in just 2002-2003

Has to be a reason financial scandals exploded under bush...

Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Before or after his buddies at ENRON et al, ran their scam and defrauded their shareholders amd stole their employee's life savings?

World Comm

Adelphia

Enron

Madoff

Countrywide

Global Crossing

ImClone

HealthSouth

Wow, there must be a couple of dozen in just 2002-2003

Has to be a reason financial scandals exploded under bush...
That didnt answer the question, it only changed the topic. To recap, the question wasnt what companies went bankrupt, or defrauded investors, the question was what did Bush deregulate.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
That didnt answer the question, it only changed the topic. To recap, the question wasnt what companies went bankrupt, or defrauded investors, the question was what did Bush deregulate.
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for the effects of bush's lacks oversight and regulation....

Here, does this help you?

Government is Good - Stealth Deregulation: The Untold Story

Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for the effects of bush's lacks oversight and regulation....

Here, does this help you?

Government is Good - Stealth Deregulation: The Untold Story
no, that wasnt the question, the question was WHAT DEREGULATION DID BUSH DO? Bush tried over 13 times to tighten regulations on the mortgage industry. In addition, your link doesnt show anything that Obama hasnt done himself. Are you now trying to say Obama is "deregulating".. laughable..

Old 06-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
no, that wasnt the question, the question was WHAT DEREGULATION DID BUSH DO? Bush tried over 13 times to tighten regulations on the mortgage industry. In addition, your link doesnt show anything that Obama hasnt done himself. Are you now trying to say Obama is "deregulating".. laughable..
Didn't read the link??? It lays out the methodology of bush's deregulation machine.

Here's another;
Quote:
Day one; Card ordered agency and department heads to: 1) place an immediate hold on new regulations, 2) withdraw all regulations not yet published in the Federal Register, and 3) postpone implementation of regulations that had already been published but were not yet in effect.

On April 20, 2001, the Bush administration suspended a Clinton-era regulation that mandated a 30 percent increase in energy efficiency for most air conditioners and heat pumps.

By Christmas, 2001, Bush quietly withdrew a regulation that required businesses seeking government contracts to reveal if they had been found liable for violating the law within the preceding three years.
Just getting started.

The Bush Legacy: An Assault on Public Protections | OMB Watch

Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Didn't read the link??? It lays out the methodology of bush's deregulation machine.

Here's another;

Just getting started.

The Bush Legacy: An Assault on Public Protections | OMB Watch
yes, I read the link, which shows how Bush hired people to monitor industries they were familiar with. Exactly what Obama is doing.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
yes, I read the link, which shows how Bush hired people to monitor industries they were familiar with. Exactly what Obama is doing.
You're not reading the full article. As fair as wall street goes bush allowed companies to get around regulation by simply asking the officers to sign a piece of paper saying the are in compliance. self regulation never works well.

The second link will take you deeper, but I'm thinking you're not after finding you have been mislead by the wingnut talking heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections