Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,543,709 times

Advertisements

Very well said, and I don't see that happening.

I expect all of the jobs reports between now and Election day to continue to be anemic. You cannot pass two bloated bills with 5,000+ pages of legalese and not expect to throw a colossal wet blanket' over the economy, as Steve Wynn perfectly stated recently.

Lying to us about the availability of 'shovel-ready jobs' was a another idiotic remark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,824,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
We've got but a few days to find out if OCare blows up in his face, and I think (and desperately hope) it will. His base doesn't have a clue what's in it, or have much of a clue about anything, but they'll get the message loud and clear that he tried to shove something down our throats that's illegal and unconstitutional. I think that message might actually soak into their thick skulls.

And he'll have absolutely nothing to fall back on because he hasn't accomplished a single thing.

Exciting times, they are a'comin'.
Well, if SCOTUS upholds the law, that will only make Mitt more of a favorite since he says he will stop all obamacare regs and the vast majority of the American want him to.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,824,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

Your precious Republican candidate for President did pass a law that is essentially Obamacare. All of his opponents during the nomination process agreed with me and not you as they all called him out on it. He might be flip flopping on it now to appease the unintelligent right wing partisan parrots who post on internet chat boards, but he believed in the idea and had it passed.
Nonsense. A given state, with bipartisan support from both sides of the aisle, effecting maybe 5% of residents in that state is much different than what the dems/obama did. Take over 17% of the economy by taking over the HC system.

States have EVERY RIGHT to set up programs like this....that is exactly where it belongs...to the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections