Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times

Advertisements

I find it extremely insensitive that Obama would allow 800,000 people in this country illegally to enter the job market with unemployment so high.

I also don't think it was very tactful to do it by going around congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Sound bite after sound bite, Romney has been chided a lot lately for saying things such as....."$300,000 is not a lot of money;" "I too, am unemployed;" and "Let Detroit go bankrupt," just to name a few. As POTUS, do you think he lacks tact or is it a bigger issue of him being insensitive to the poor and less fortunate?
$300,000 ISN'T a lot of money for him.

He IS unemployed. The difference is, he prepared for it.

He was right about letting the car companies file for bankruptcy.....they did anyway! Many airlines and other large companies have filed for bankruptcy and are still around.

People who haven't a clue are told ny lefties that bankruptcy would have meant GM closing its door.

I don't think he is insensitive.

I just think he doesn't pander to every group individually and try to act like something he's not.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You mean like "the economy is doing fine" or "all 57 states"?

Oh, wait! That was your guy!
Every time someone mentions the 57 states comment, it makes me smile, because obviously Obama hasn't made too many gaffes if you need to bring up a statement made during his 2008 campaign when he was talking about visiting 47 states in a short period. If you need to go back 4 years just to find something to criticize, he must be doing a pretty darn good job.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I find it extremely insensitive that Obama would allow 800,000 people in this country illegally to enter the job market with unemployment so high.

I also don't think it was very tactful to do it by going around congress.
So, if you were 18 and spent your entire life living in the United States, attended elementary school, middle school and graduated high school in the United States, and everything about you was as American as apple pie, but you found out you weren't a U.S. citizen, you'd be okay if someone sent you "back" to a foreign country where you didn't even speak the language? Isn't that cruel?

By the way, Ronald Reagan thought it was the right thing to do.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally."
-- Reagan in a 1984 debate

Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Romney reminds me of a kid at school desperately trying to fit in but hasn't a clue about what he is saying and making himself look like a 'baffoon"

Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Romney reminds me of a kid at school desperately trying to fit in but hasn't a clue about what he is saying and making himself look like a 'baffoon"
Even though I enjoy watching a variety of shows on MSNBC and CNN, I realize that some hosts are very biased. I mean, it's obvious that Lawrence O'Donnell dislikes Romney intensely. However, unless the videos have been chopped quite a bit, it's also obvious that what you just wrote is entirely accurate. I mean, when I watched Romney talk about the cookies, I was shaking my head. Then, when he had trouble identifying a doughnut, it was very bizarre.

I watched Dianne Bauer, the owner of a diner in Iowa, who hosted Romney's round table discussion last week, talk about the way he and members of his campaign staff treated her restaurant. She called them arrogant and disrespectful. To be fair, I'll post a link to a neutral source.

[url=http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/tag/dianne-bauer/]Dianne Bauer | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs[/url]

This video even begins with an anti-Obama ad. Romney's staffers wouldn't even let her customers use the bathroom and her personal items were broken.

Mitt Romney Trashes Former Supporter's Restaurant

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1msvxjAK4I[/url]

Keep in mind that this woman was a Romney supporter!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:35 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Even though I enjoy watching a variety of shows on MSNBC and CNN, I realize that some hosts are very biased. I mean, it's obvious that Lawrence O'Donnell dislikes Romney intensely. However, unless the videos have been chopped quite a bit, it's also obvious that what you just wrote is entirely accurate. I mean, when I watched Romney talk about the cookies, I was shaking my head. Then, when he had trouble identifying a doughnut, it was very bizarre.

I watched Dianne Bauer, the owner of a diner in Iowa, who hosted Romney's round table discussion last week, talk about the way he and members of his campaign staff treated her restaurant. She called them arrogant and disrespectful. To be fair, I'll post a link to a neutral source.

Dianne Bauer | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

This one even begins with an anti-Obama ad:

Mitt Romney Trashes Former Supporter's Restaurant - YouTube
I really don't dislike Romney but he would be a second Jimmy Carter but even more clueless.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:44 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Dianne Bauer | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

This video even begins with an anti-Obama ad. Romney's staffers wouldn't even let her customers use the bathroom and her personal items were broken.

Mitt Romney Trashes Former Supporter's Restaurant - YouTube

Keep in mind that this woman was a Romney supporter!
Did you read the article? She never met Romney. They are not mad at Romney. They were perturbed with the secret service and Romney's staff. "Dianne Bauer said Romney’s call, as well as apologies from the campaign volunteer, helped smooth over the situation." It sounds as if she was rightly ticked off at everyone, but has cooled off since then. Romney said that he thought his campaign had arranged for them to meet him and is paying for any damage by his staff. No where do they call Romney "arrogant." They also said that they still plan on voting Obama out...sounds like Romney has their vote.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I really don't dislike Romney but he would be a second Jimmy Carter but even more clueless.
I know what you meant in your post, but IMO he's far from a Jimmy Carter type of person. First of all, Jimmy Carter served in the military, yet he was a peacemaker. Romney strongly supported the Vietnam War, although he avoided the draft. To me this says volumes. He continues to say that he wanted to go to Vietnam, but he applied for 4 deferments during that period. Your religion either teaches you that war is wrong or it doesn't. He can't have it both ways.

I don't agree with everything Carter did as President or has done since, but I do think he was one of the more honest politicians we've seen in our lifetime, a quality that isn't admired very much in today's politics.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
$300,000 ISN'T a lot of money for him.

He IS unemployed. The difference is, he prepared for it.

He was right about letting the car companies file for bankruptcy.....they did anyway! Many airlines and other large companies have filed for bankruptcy and are still around.

People who haven't a clue are told ny lefties that bankruptcy would have meant GM closing its door.

I don't think he is insensitive.

I just think he doesn't pander to every group individually and try to act like something he's not.

That's not the point! It's the equivalent of a doctor saying "let the patient die" if he doesn't want to seek treatment. Some things are apparent by you have to have restraint and tact. As President, we do not need someone like Romney mouthing off every second trying to pick fights with the Soviets. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections