Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,147 times

Advertisements

Ditto on the above and the above and the above and the above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And we care what Bruce Willis says because...??

Exactly, we don't...a washed up has been actor that is still trying to get some press.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
That's funny how all the right wingers on this forum who used to consider Bruce "one of the good ones" are practically jumping over each other to stab Bruce in the back. I think Mr. Willis' statement is accurate since Romney and Obama are the same aside from social issues (and probably even there since Romney is a 2 faced flip flop). Hollywood doesn't have many of the trashy right wingers you see in the rest of America, Hollywood conservatives generally don't have the visceral hatred of gays and minorities the teabaggers do save Ted Nugent since being an entertainer, you are somewhat forced to be around gays and minorities frequently.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The new issue of Esquire magazine, featuring Bruce Willis on the cover, proclaims that the actor “has a lot to say.”
Especially, it seems, when it comes to Mitt Romney.

Read more: Bruce Willis: Romney
and this will make a lot of difference in who most of us vote for. I don't think too many people care too much about what Bruce has to say on the subject even though he is supposidly a Republican. What about all the Domocrats who have said: don't support Obama this time?

Nita

Old 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
That's funny how all the right wingers on this forum who used to consider Bruce "one of the good ones" are practically jumping over each other to stab Bruce in the back. I think Mr. Willis' statement is accurate since Romney and Obama are the same aside from social issues (and probably even there since Romney is a 2 faced flip flop). Hollywood doesn't have many of the trashy right wingers you see in the rest of America, Hollywood conservatives generally don't have the visceral hatred of gays and minorities the teabaggers do save Ted Nugent since being an entertainer, you are somewhat forced to be around gays and minorities frequently.
IMO....most posters on this thread are eluding to the fact that they do not let ANYONE from Hollyweird sway their opinion on how to vote. This issue is not so much about Bruce Willis....but what he represents

Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Bruce Willis saying Rpmneyis a imbrassment? I gurees he thinks Obama is a fool that he can afford with his money tho.Too bad he lives in LaLa land of excess.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:03 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
A Rhodes Scholar that works for MSNBC? Yep, just goes to show you can educate them but you can't make them smart.
It actually shows that some folks overestimate their own smarts by pretending they're capable of judging Rhodes scholars.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Considering that Willis got completely owned by Demi Moore for a better looking and younger man...... as well as the fact that Willis never was an A list actor (or decent actor for that matter)...... who cares what his opinion of Romney is

Willis is just another entertainment douche mad that the camera is not on him 24-7

And yes, I think people like Ted Nugent are equally bad for their scatterbrained opinions as well
Willis is definitely on the A list. His movies have all made a lot of money and continue to do so. He is at the age where actors begin to cut back, but like Clint Eastwood, he can land any movie he wants to do.

He lived here in Idaho for a long time, and unlike a lot of the famous folks who live in Sun Valley, was well liked and respected all the years he was a resident. Most of the celebrities here don't get out and mingle like Bruce did.

He got out and got to know a lot of folks, and invested a lot of his money in Idaho as well. He bought an old and faltering ski area here more from the intent of helping out the locals than ever intending to make any profit from the investment; after he left, he put it up for sale, and finding no buyers, donated it to the small town where it was a source of income. He didn't have to do either, and was appreciated for it.

His conservative politics was well known here, but he was never a showboat or pushy, and he never used his celebrity to further a cause while living here. We would like him to come back anytime.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Willis
“I get cranked up, I start talking about Hollywood and what’s wrong with what. Or politics. I might start in on Mitt Romney,” Willis said, out of nowhere, to his inteviewer. “He’s just such a disappointment, an embarrassment. Chin up, hair up. He’s just one of those guys, one of those guys who says he’s going to change everything… And he’ll get in there, and they’ll smile at him and introduce themselves: ‘We’re Congress, we make sure nothing changes.’ He won’t do it. He can’t. Everybody wants to be Barack Obama. And what did he change?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Read more: Bruce Willis: Romney

Not too far off the mark. It's the contests for House/Senate seats where voters should be focused. That's where the real power lies.

Pretty accurate actually. It's not a knock on either Obama or Romney, but an acknowledgement that no President has the power to really fix things. Democrats and Republicans are equally to blame for things getting so screwed up. Why can't we just fire both parties and start over? Both are completely useless.

Having said that, I'd rather give Romney a shot at it at this point. St Hope and Change Obama DID push some things through Congress. Trouble is they cost ridiculous sums of money but failed to revive this economy. We know very well that borrowing like mad and spending like mad hasn't worked. We also know that Obama is going to keep trying that tactic because he's 100% sure that we just didn't do enough of it to work. Kinda like the flat earth society, some people refuse to give up on their theories no matter how obvious it is that their theory is complete crap.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup, I always turn to Bruce Willis when I want sage political viewpoints.
I turn to Bruce Willis when I want to watch *AGAIN* one of my favorite movies of all time: Bandits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections