Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Thanks, I rest me case...
You lie, and then when your posting is proven a lie, you rest your case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you also upset that the president has lied, flip flopped, and been hypocritical on the gas issue. Surely, this has not helped matters.

Lied about the US proven oil reserves to the public.

Flip flopped on whether supply lowers prices and if a president can effect it.

Hypocritical on grand standing at a gas station about lowering gas prices.

etc etc
At what time in history has any elected official been truthful and fair to all? On another note we as citizens just do not have all the data in front of us as the decision makers so a lie to one person can be a adjustment of policy after more information comes forward. I say Left or Right they both have their own agenda.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:12 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
President Obama for gas prices droppig?
Never blame an idiot

he just might have another idea or in his case an excuse

Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
At what time in history has any elected official been truthful and fair to all? On another note we as citizens just do not have all the data in front of us as the decision makers so a lie to one person can be a adjustment of policy after more information comes forward. I say Left or Right they both have their own agenda.
Yes politicians lie, Obama is a politician.

In this case, the president was straight up lying or he has a severely poor memory. He deliberately misuses the term "proven oil reserve" even after it was brought up to him, so he can distort reality to his political viewpoint.

Why is Obama Lying About US Oil Reserves?

RealClearPolitics - Energy: Obama's Favorite Topic of Deception

President Obama also has argued that increasing supply does bring down the price and that it does not bring down the price.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Default Why hasn't anyone blamed

Quote:

From the Pubs' standpoint, gas prices are falling because Romney's flip-flopping on immigration reform. Yeah, that must be what's doing it.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:

because the price of gasoline is not below $1.80 a gallon. it is still way above that. here where I live it is almost $3.70 a gallon.

let me know when gas hits $1.49 a gallon or less before November and I will attribute it to obama, until then pbo can suck an egg.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
because the price of gasoline is not below $1.80 a gallon. it is still way above that. here where I live it is almost $3.70 a gallon.

let me know when gas hits $1.49 a gallon or less before November and I will attribute it to obama, until then pbo can suck an egg.

Does this mean you're no longer supporting Obama?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Does this mean you're no longer supporting Obama?

never have supported any democrat, nor have voted republican since 1991.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections