Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

To the extent that voter ID suppresses illegal democrat voters, yes it will help the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Glenn Beck is just a frivolous media figure - a wannabe wealthy evangelist, a P.T. Barnum (same with Limbaugh). Because many people think he is relevant and making him rich just proves the quip about "suckers". Yet you view him as relevant? His audience is just big enough to keep him employed.
I am not against photo I.D.s but the point under discussion is that, immediately before an election which repugs want to win, their hope is that a larger number of legitimate votes, along with a few errors or glitches, will be lost. They hope that many sick and elderly will not respond in time.
Glenn Beck = Kos

You "think" based on your own beliefs that Turzai wants to disenfranchise minorities. He did not say this and has not said this. Kos is manure and equals Glenn Beck for suggesting that he did.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Glenn Beck = Kos

You "think" based on your own beliefs that Turzai wants to disenfranchise minorities. He did not say this and has not said this. Kos is manure and equals Glenn Beck for suggesting that he did.
Kos and other "left wing" media is a response to right-wing media which has had its way for 35 years. It says what Fox will not say, and it does not equal Glenn Beck's evangelical rambling.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Kos and other "left wing" media is a response to right-wing media which has had its way for 35 years. It says what Fox will not say, and it does not equal Glenn Beck's evangelical rambling.

You remind me of the people that justify Fox News distortions for the liberal media having its way for 35 years. You are justifying Kos Distortions because Fox News does it. Kos is every bit as bad as Glenn Beck. They distort and their readers justify the lie as if it is sacrilegious not to defend the lies. Kos has become evangelical for the liberals not interested in honesty.

Look at this thread. Kos is clearly taking a quote out of context and spinning it away from the meaning of the speaker and the liberals justify the distortion fanatically. And all while trying to take the moral high ground - hilarious.

Think.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
The funny thing is, that a lot of the same folks who wanna require a government-issued ID to vote, seem have a cow any time there's an ID requirement for exercising their "right" to buy a gun!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
what a bunch of horse crap!
every state should make sure their voter lists are current
with the dead removed as well as folks who are illegal not allowed to vote
in Georgia they screamed about a photo ID so the state sent around a mobile to take pictures for FREE
so all who needed to can have one
what the democrats are doing is screaming bloody murder over all of this shi*
and they are busy little bees making sure obama's illegals he just granted immunity to get hooked up to vote
so cut the shi*!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
So after 50 years of failing to do anything about illegal voting with no real Federal action to verify voter rolls, some imbecile in PA decides that a handful of STATES - at resident voter demand - trying to correct the issue is a GOP power grab to win a Prez election.

With an idiot like that, I'd almost be willing to let the O'boy take Pennsylvania. Just so the GOP doesn't look desperate.

Another KOS carrott... PTBarnum would be proud.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
The funny thing is, that a lot of the same folks who wanna require a government-issued ID to vote, seem have a cow any time there's an ID requirement for exercising their "right" to buy a gun!
I'd be ticked if Obama required an ID for me to get into the auditorium to see him.

Oh hell, who am I kidding. If he were coming to town I'd head for Paris... just to be sure. I need a good rub down anyway.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I know a lot of gun nuts and I've never personally heard anyone complain about needing an ID to buy a gun.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I know a lot of gun nuts and I've never personally heard anyone complain about needing an ID to buy a gun.
Perhaps you hang with a saner crowd than others....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections