Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What impact will the Supreme Court ruling on ObamaCare have on the presidential election? Perhaps one measure could be seen in its immediate aftermath:
According to Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul the Supreme Court decisionupholding President Barack Obama’s healthcare reform law led to a windfall for Mitt Romney. Ms. Saul told The Politicker supporters donated at least $100,000 in the 50 minutes between the immediate aftermath of the ruling, which was issued at approximately 10:10 a.m.
Mr. Romney has already vowed to repeal the ruling if he is elected and some political watchers have speculated a decision to uphold the law would be good for Mr. Romney because it will allow him to energize conservatives by pushing for repeal. The rapid flood of donations to his campaign certainly bolsters the argument the decision could help Mr. Romney fire up supporters on the right.
Romney had run on the explicit promise to repeal ObamaCare. That certainly had fired up Tea Party activists, but they generally haven’t trusted Romney to get it done, especially given his own history on health-care mandates in Massachusetts. Daniel Halper wonders if this won’t fire them back up to fully support Romney as the only means possible to removing Obama from office:
Link: Romney raises over $100,000 in less than an hour after SCOTUS ruling « Hot Air

November can't get here soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 11:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Romney's the grandfather of the damn thing!
Obama didnt have an original idea since he's been elected.. So why again should we keep him?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama didnt have an original idea since he's been elected.. So why again should we keep him?
I say kick them all out.

Hopefully this decision wakes up a few more souls, though I'm not confident.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Romney's the grandfather of the damn thing!
Actually it would be the Republicans in Congress in the 90's. People didn't like it then, so they backed off. It was passed now, but people still don't like it. That being said, there are still differences. ObamaCare goes a lot further than the Republicans' plan in the 90's.

As far as Romney's plan, it was a STATE program which does not affect the entire country. Through the entire campaign, he's said he's against the program nationally.

Not to mention the MA legislation was I believe only about 75 pages, compared to ObamaCare, which is thousands of pages. And polling shows that a majority of MA residents approve of RomneyCare, while approval of ObamaCare among Americans is in the 30's.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
trlhiker,
You are back after calling me a mom as an insult, now you are calling Republicans fools! What do you say about Obama breaking so many campaign promises...is he pandering to "fools" too? Some of his promises he clearly had no intention of keeping, for instance he didn't give the time promised for public debate on bills multiple times within his first month in office. If he breaks a promise like that so many times within the first month, he had to have had no intent to keep it -- just racking in the fools for some hope and change no?
Yes michiganmom err I mean michiganmoon, republicans are fools for supporting mr. etch-a-sketch since they have no clue what he really stands for. he flip-flops more than a fish out of water. How can anyone actually support this empty suit?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yes michiganmom err I mean michiganmoon, republicans are fools for supporting mr. etch-a-sketch since they have no clue what he really stands for. he flip-flops more than a fish out of water. How can anyone actually support this empty suit?
Ehhh....Obama has flip flopped quite a bit more than Romney. The only major issue Romney has completely changed positions on is abortion. Some of the alleged "flip flops" are merely tweaks in positions or rephrasing the same positions to appeal to different audiences, or they are "flip flops" on things that aren't even real issues, like "no new tax pledges" or his views about Reagan.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-28-2012 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
In light of the Supreme Court decision I made my first contribution to the Romney campaign...and had to wait an awfully long time for it to go through. I can only conclude that at this time, people are donating like crazy, jamming up website traffic.

As an aside, I think it's even more important now to support the right people in the Senate and House.
Thats fine, I donated to Obama yesterday and it is a light pay period for me but I did it anyway. Game on. No amount of money can make romney come across any better than he does. He will actually have to answer questions in the debates and he wont have stupid lames around him to make him look better like he did in the primaries. Those donations are from the same Obama hating people that he had anyway. No gain for him form this.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Ehhh....Obama has fliped flopped quite a bit more than Romney. The only major issue Romney has completely changed positions on is abortion. Some of the alleged "flip flops" are merely tweaks in positions or rephrasing the same positions to appeal to different audiences, or they are "flip flops" on things that aren't even real issues, like "no new tax pledges" or his views about Reagan.
Oh please, a flip-flop by any other name is still a flip-flop. yes I know Obama has flip-flopped alot as all rigthies have pointed out so why are these same people including you giving Romney a pass on his flip-flops.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:55 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Per the RNC, the total is now over one million in the 4 hours since ObamaTax was upheld.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yes, you are a big man, using being a woman as an insult.

Where does Obama stand on coal - he's changed it literally over a dozen times.

Where does Obama stand on transparency?

Where does Obama stand on lobbyists in the White House?

Where does Obama stand on gay marriage?

Where does Obama stand on ending no bid contracts for over 25K?

Where does Obama stand on the mandate and not increasing taxes for health care?

Where does Obama stand on nuclear energy?

Where does Obama stand on outsourcing?

etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections