Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times

Advertisements

Do you feel the possible 1st lady should be a front runner in campaigning for their husband or wife. Giving views on what should or should not be done as President?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 12:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Why not? I see no downside and it may well offer insights into the candidate's personality that we otherwise might not have until it's too late.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
I think Nancy Reagan and Liddy Dole should have kept out of it!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post

Why? Any particular reason(s)?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Do you feel the possible 1st lady should be a front runner in campaigning for their husband or wife. Giving views on what should or should not be done as President?
Thank you.
Are you saying that we should not allow individuals close to a candidate to assist and campaign for a candidate? Why? What is the harm in that? If anyone close to a candidate wants to assist and is given a forum to assist, I dont see any harm. I do see a benefit in that we'll get more information on the candidate.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Thank you.
Besides his way-left ideas, John Edwards mistakenly sends his attack dog wife to do all of his dirty work. I'm thinking with her medical issues, he or one of his advisors thinks she's teflon. But whoever advised him to do that made a huge error in judgment because it says nothing about his wife but makes him look like a big wimp. Nobody wants a wimp for president.

There are candidates I don't agree with but he's the only one that actually disgusts me. I'm not suprised to see his numbers.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 AM

384 posts, read 1,132,309 times
Too me, he is the fakest candidate. He probably recites from memory what his advisors tell him.

If I had to pick a democrat, I would pick him because I think he could be walked on left and right by the republicans. He comes off as weak.

Same as Obama, I think he bases his policy too much on his convictions, and I don't think he will work well with the republicans which could haunt him in 2012.

Hillary on the other hand, she is dangerous. Very dangerous. She is smart, coniving, deceitful, and petty. She will do damage to this country, moreso than any other democrat.

Edit-And her first husband will be a big benefit to her. Obama's wife has done nothing but hurt him, and so has John Edwards.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
What about Madame Hillary?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Are you saying that we should not allow individuals close to a candidate to assist and campaign for a candidate? Why? What is the harm in that? If anyone close to a candidate wants to assist and is given a forum to assist, I dont see any harm. I do see a benefit in that we'll get more information on the candidate.
The harm in it is they are not running for the office of the President.
The problem is that I don't want to hear from them how foreign policy or any other policy is going to be handled by the President from the 1st lady.

If the President elect cannot speak on what their policies will be and how they will handle them, well then maybe they should not be running for the office of the President.
It is one thing to talk of non policy things great dad, good husband, and so on or charities they are involved with even on character of the President elect and that is great and does give insight into the candidate honest or not.

But that is a whole other thing for the 1st lady to be campaigning for them and taking answers on issues as to how the President elect would handle the issue when they are President.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,618 times
the potential first lady should stay out of politics? so the potential first gentleman, billy, should shut up and stay out of campaining too! problem is he wants to be prez again, with hillary. GOD help us all if enough stupid people vote them back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections