Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why don't ppl ever remember this when talking about her? She said it so matter-of-factly too like it was no big deal, which it makes it even more memorable.
Should Romney give her the nod that clip will be seen repeatedly, and she'll be questioned far more bluntly by reporters than the deferential questioning of the committee. In case anyone missed it:

Condoleezza Rice asserts 'Bin Laden Determined To Attack' wasn't a warning. thumpandwhip.com - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,162,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I like her, but I think the article is a stretch. They say that Ann Romney dropped the hint, but the quote they use from her does not mention Rice, nor does it mention anyone.

I think the author might not have had a lot and wanted some hits.

It's a huge stretch to take this from what Ann Romney said which was that they were vetting some women for VP...nothing was mentioned about who and I know Kelly Ayotte was being vetted for one. I think Rice would be a great pick, but I am not sure picking a female after the Palin debacle would be wise. It might be too soon.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,327,319 times
Once Romney goes black, he'll never go back.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:14 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,566,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
The only choice worse than her would be Jeb Bush.
I could think of a few

Rick Perry
Sarah Palin
Michele Bachmann
Rick Santorum
Karl Rove
Chris Christie
Mike Turzai
John Boehner
Mitch McConnell
Newt Gingrich
Donald Trump
Rush Limbaugh
Anybody from Faux Snooze

Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,370,990 times
Rice is the obvious choice for Frankenstein Romney. People may not have any respect for her, but she's better than anyone else the GOP has...in the eventual losing effort.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,979,837 times
Yes, let's pick the woman who essentially ignored Richard Clarke's January 2001 memo about calling a principals meeting on Al Qaeda prior to 9/11:

Richard A. Clarke Memo

Republicans seem to forget that it was Bush, Rice, Cheney, etc. who were told before 9/11 happened that Al Qaeda was a serious threat, and needed to be dealt with.

Then after 9/11 happened, they all acted like they could never have predicted it.

Then there were the many pre-Iraq war lies Bush, Cheney and Rice told about the "smoking gun being a mushroom cloud".

How anyone could want someone like that back in the White House completely amazes me !!!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:10 AM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I like her, but I think the article is a stretch. They say that Ann Romney dropped the hint, but the quote they use from her does not mention Rice, nor does it mention anyone.

I think the author might not have had a lot and wanted some hits.
Yep, my money is on Natalie Portman who keeps getting mentioned.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It's a huge stretch to take this from what Ann Romney said which was that they were vetting some women for VP...nothing was mentioned about who and I know Kelly Ayotte was being vetted for one. I think Rice would be a great pick, but I am not sure picking a female after the Palin debacle would be wise. It might be too soon.
Palin WAS a bad move; things change and a person who's smart would help out Romney, even a smart woman for 2012.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,891,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Once Romney goes black, he'll never go back.
Agreed. If he gets the POTUS of the US and if we're back in the black in the economy, many of us would be real happy.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,327,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. If he gets the POTUS of the US and if we're back in the black in the economy, many of us would be real happy.
What do you mean by back in black in the economy? Does the president control personal debt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections